Want to make the "REAL" Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bat

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

With all the Avengers HT figures coming out, I'm inspired to make a custom 1/6 scale "REAL" Nick Fury(you know, the white guy that was in the Howling Commandos?). So I was wondering if anybody has made a decent looking Nick Fury head sculpt that fits a Hot Toys body?
I know some customizers shrink or enlarge existing head sculpts to get them the correct size they want. I'm looking for something like this Bowen sculpt. Thanks:)
nick_original.jpg

Like this?

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Trust me. The headsculpt is by far the easiest thing to put together on this. I've been working on this on and off for a good 3 or more years now. The outfit is practically impossible to get right.

Like this?
scaled.php

Trust me. The headsculpt is by far the easiest thing to put together on this. I've been working on this on and off for a good 3 or more years now. The outfit is practically impossible to get right.

Love this head sculpt...where did you get? And I know what you mean about the Costume...I did him in 1/9 Mego scale.
DSC01047_original.jpg

Although this time I want to take a different approach on my 1/6 figure...and do him in an all black costume.

I did this version of a "movie-style" Nick Fury based on the comics history of Nick Fury-

NickFury009.jpg

NickFury011.jpg

That GI Joe Hawk head looks great as Nick Fury. Makes me wish they cast Robert Redford as Fury in the movies now.

Compared to some of the elaborate Evil Dead 2 Ash harnesses I've seen made, the fury one should be child's play for customizers.

Yeah, and considering all the different costumes he's had over the years...you take a few liberties. Ed Brubaker didn't put him in the traditional Shield costume.

Compared to some of the elaborate Evil Dead 2 Ash harnesses I've seen made, the fury one should be child's play for customizers.

Its the color that is the biggest problem. Not a lot of white items out there and white paint is usually really weak at covering existing paint without millions of coats. :monkey2

Back