Cult Classics series 4 review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey, they're horror...

The original schedule called for doing the NECA Balrog review tonight. However, the delivery guy clearly doesn't respect my schedule. The Balrog did finally show up today though, so you can expect him on Thursday night...or maybe Sunday, depending on the amount of time I spend writing it up.

But I had another NECA review waiting in the wings - the Cult Classics series 4, including Sebastian Haff from Bubba Ho-Tep, the Plaid Shirt Zombie from Dawn of the Dead, Chucky from Child's Play, and Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. Fans of these movies should be happy with most of the figures, and I sure am. It's nice to see an improvement in the paint ops on this entire wave, although there's still a few bumps here and there.

You can find the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great job, Michael!! I just bought Chucky yesterday, and I have to say that I"m totally blown away. Personally, I didn't even notice the wide-set eyes until I read your review, so obviously I'd have to disagree with you there. The Good Guys box, though, is incredible!! So much detail went into that, especially with the small print on the box. Just slap some cellophane inside the box to replicate the real box's plastic window, and it's the perfect accessory.

You didn't notice dem eyeballs? Man, they are sooo far apart.

Other than that though, he's an excellent figure, and fits in pretty good with sixth scale.

I think the Chucky looks Ok, but is it reallly that much better than the McF version? Acsessories-wise, sure, but if I had to pick one sculpt, which one is the best?

Wow, you got the review up early today! It still seems like the Shaun is a bit more drawn looking than I remember... but glad to see you liked him. The Sebastian figure looks great and I'll probably have to at least pick him up. Can't imagine too many people clammoring to make Bubba Ho-Tep figures in 1/6 :monkey2

Michael Crawford said:
You didn't notice dem eyeballs? Man, they are sooo far apart.

Other than that though, he's an excellent figure, and fits in pretty good with sixth scale.

I should probably rephrase that. It didn't quite come out the way I meant it.

Yeah, I did notice the wide width, but I didn't think anything of them because I wasn't expecting them to resemble a human's eye spacing. I know Chucky's a doll to begin with, so it didn't seem strange to me at all.

Except that's not how Chucky looked in the movies...

As to Shaun, go back and look at the character stills. He is that thin in the face, I was surprised as well.

I don't collect these types of small plastic figures anymore, but I just had to get The King from Bubba Ho-Tep. Loved the character and the movie, and I'm still shocked a figure of him actually got made. I'm glad he turned out so well.

The Bubba figure is one of the best of the year - really an amazing sculpt and paint job. Sebastian here goes along great with him.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I don't collect these types of small plastic figures anymore, but I just had to get The King from Bubba Ho-Tep. Loved the character and the movie, and I'm still shocked a figure of him actually got made. I'm glad he turned out so well.

Yeah, NECA's been pulling out some wild out-of-left-field picks for their Cult Classics series: John McClane, Patrick Bateman, the Tall Man, Sebastian Haff, etc.

Looks like it's only going to get better: Hannibal Lecter, Jigsaw, and...

DELUXE ORIGINS CONNOR AND MEDIEVAL KURGAN!!!!!

King Darkness said:
Did some body say Medieval Kurgan?

Yes I did!!!!

DSC05199.jpg

Here's the link to the other pics...

https://www.action-figure.com/events/main.php?g2_itemId=44655&g2_page=7

At least his armor looks great !!!! Concerning CC 4,I've just bought the Chucky....he's amazing !!!! The sculpt,the paint,the accesories..way better than the old Mcf version.They are going to do a 12'' version of that figure and I'm going to buy it also.IMO the eyes are ok and gives him a very doll like appearance.Love it !!!

Forgot to say, I think the Cult Classics line by Neca has become everything Movie Maniacs by Mcfarlane should have been.

Shai Hulud said:
At least his armor looks great !!!! Concerning CC 4,I've just bought the Chucky....he's amazing !!!! The sculpt,the paint,the accesories..way better than the old Mcf version.They are going to do a 12'' version of that figure and I'm going to buy it also.IMO the eyes are ok and gives him a very doll like appearance.Love it !!!

12" is out and in stores now.

Shai Hulud said:
Forgot to say, I think the Cult Classics line by Neca has become everything Movie Maniacs by Mcfarlane should have been.

It certainly has. Still, there were some good MM figures (Robocop, the Jaws diorama).

I've gotta say though...McFarlane's 3-D movie posters look like they'll put the ones done by Code 3 to shame and for a fraction of the cost. I'll definitely be collecting that particular line!! :)

Back