Wolverine Pictures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a lot of questions for the group if someone can help I'd appreciate it. :)

First, I can't seem to find any SDCC pics of Wolverine. Did he change so much from promo to product that people are cancelling right and left? :confused: This would be my first comiquette, and it would be just my luck to order the one that didn't turn out right. :rotfl Does anyone have a link to some finished pictures of the exclusive?

On another note, I'm not completely sold on this line yet so i want to get a piece that I not only might like but can also resell if I don't get into the line. People don't seem to be that into this particular statue, would Wolverine be a bad choice for longterm or even short? I thought the popularity of the character would make him a natural for collectability? Or are there just too many other statues already out there of Wolverine already?

Also, I just read that Wolverine is smaller than the other statues. Will this make him look "off" in a display if/when I buy others in the collection? Is this a scale thing, or will he really look too tiny? :confused:

Last but not least, this whole comiquette, PF, VS, 1/4 thing has me completely confused. Without going into too much detail, what does this really mean to the bottom line (or how will they display together)? Which can you mix and which would be better to their own display?

I think that's everything. :D Thanks!

as far as size is concerned I know that it was clarified that Wolvie's exactly 1/4 scale. He's only 5'3" which makes him seem smaller than he should be at 1/4 scale.

I think the comiquettes' scales vary, but this one happens to go with the PF's 1/4 scale standard.

Raven said:
I have a lot of questions for the group if someone can help I'd appreciate it. :)

First, I can't seem to find any SDCC pics of Wolverine. Did he change so much from promo to product that people are cancelling right and left? :confused: This would be my first comiquette, and it would be just my luck to order the one that didn't turn out right. :rotfl Does anyone have a link to some finished pictures of the exclusive?

I've seen pics from SDCC sorry don't have the link but he looks awesome! The best part is the X on the base is actually darker which makes the base look better!

I can't wait to get this statue!

I saw Wolvie at the con.. He looks great, you can be assured of that.

People are cancelling IMO due to the glut of orders shipping out right now. In most cases somethings gotta go, and it happens to be Wolvie.

I too was forced to cancel Wolvie as much as I did'nt want to. Im actually now regretting it. If he had on his brown costume I don't think I would have done it.

Keep your order, you'll love it..:emperor

Display is a tricky thing, IMO all the lines can certainly can be displayed together in some manner. Personlly Im sticking w/ the 1/4 scale approach.. Allthough I do have a Hulk v Spidey Dio Im keeping..

I know its not the clearest...

gallery_1_153_53808.jpg

Bodie, I thought that the Hulk/Spidey dio was 1/4 scale too??

Jeez, how big IS this thing? I may not have room for it...

Raven said:
Bodie, I thought that the Hulk/Spidey dio was 1/4 scale too??

Jeez, how big IS this thing? I may not have room for it...

LoL.. No the Dios are smaller than 1/4 scale.. allthough the Hulk is enourmous compared to Spidey in the Dio...

The 1/4 PF Hulk is BIG

Thanks Azog! :) Hmm, he does look good. I'm still a little torn though. So the comiquettes are on the same scale as the PF's then? Is there a thread with the different styles mixed together? PF, comiquettes, and VS? Something with size reference like a TV or 12" figure or something would be nice too. :)

The Iron Man Comiquette and from what I hear the Wolvie Comiquettes are 1/4 scale, yet I hear the Ghost Riders and Magneto might be closer to 1/5 scale...

I believe all the PF are 1/4 scale..

Im not sure what scale the Dios are in, perhaps 1/6 scale?...

Thanks Azog. Is the Vader bust right beside the Iron Man and the Vs statue right behind Vader...or is that just depth perception and they're spaced apart?

Gotta say though, I may have to get on the Iron Man wait list after seeing that photo. I think I like it better than Wolverine, and I'm not even that big an Iron Man fan!

gambit you mean the 1/4 comiquette Wolverine not the Vs Sabretooth statue right?

Raven said:
Gotta say though, I may have to get on the Iron Man wait list after seeing that photo. I think I like it better than Wolverine, and I'm not even that big an Iron Man fan!

First of all better hurry on the waitlist thing..

2nd, I think you answered your question as to why peeps were cxl'ing the Wolvie Maquette.. Because he's shipping at the same time as Iron Man. Me being more a Wolvie fan than an Iron Man fan Cxl'd Wolvie because Iron Man is too damn nice looking..

2nd, I think you answered your question as to why peeps were cxl'ing the Wolvie Maquette.. Because he's shipping at the same time as Iron Man. Me being more a Wolvie fan than an Iron Man fan Cxl'd Wolvie because Iron Man is too damn nice looking..

Aha, that's a good point! It's weird, wasn't Iron Man announced like months before Wolverine?? Weird how that works out. Maybe I'll put my hat into the Iron Man list, see what comes up and go from there.

Bodie The Cursed said:
First of all better hurry on the waitlist thing..

I almost cancelled Wolverine, but decided not to, even though I have iron man coming as well. Spidey got the axe however.

Bannister said:
I almost cancelled Wolverine, but decided not to, even though I have iron man coming as well. Spidey got the axe however.

I wish I kept my exclusive order.. However I healed the pain by purchasing a Doom from a boardmember at a good price. :lol

I figured out what was different between the proto and the SDCC. I much preferred the mustard color to the bright yellow. Maybe it's not canon, but it looks better.

Azog, was that the camera making the picture look so yellow or is the real thing bright bright yellow rather than muted orange/yellow?

Raven said:
gambit you mean the 1/4 comiquette Wolverine not the Vs Sabretooth statue right?

yes vs is in the house long ago. I am thinking if I shall cancel the 1/4 or not. I know it is big, it is defitine wolvie but then I will have same character once more, which I try to avoid. Also I want to give a chance to jaws exclusive. what would you do in this position?

Back