"Now for high altitude jumps you're gonna need oxygen and stabilizers" - TDK Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTO15

Super Freak
Reaction score
"Now for high altitude jumps you're gonna need oxygen and stabilizers" - TDK Diorama

So, another project to keep me busy during the summer before school starts :panic:

Since I have a DX 02 coming in (if Canada Post would hurry up already :gah:), and the Bruce sculpt from the Toy Fairs ex Batman, I figured I would put together a HK scene Batman. Well of course, I'm going to need a diorama for Batman to be standing on.

If you have been following my other project (Bane sewers) you'll know that I'm a student and funds are the primary constraint on my projects. So my goal is to keep this project under $50, while maintaining some accuracy to the source material

Here is some reference material that I'm sure we are all familiar with

batmanhk8.png

batmanhk9.png

Things that I will be including in this diorama:
-LED lights with a switch
-the ability to power the lights to a usb/wall outlet
-real glass for the windows underneath Batman
-I'll include the backdrop as well

My awful sketch of the section I'll be making
93fd712e.jpg

Materials I'll be using:
-Foam board - because I am cheap lol
-I have some switches coming in from eBay
$(KGrHqR,!joE+36iCudnBP+s-9N8Iw~~60_12.JPG

-styrene (the most costly material in my project)

Here's what I have so far

5e94632e.jpg

I will widening the landing on which Batman is standing on, it's too thin in this picture
a70b80fc.jpg

I do feel the box I made is way to long in depth, so it might be something that I'll be adjusting

and of course, and comments or critiques are welcomed. I can only get become better from here.

Re: "Now for high altitude jumps you're gonna need oxygen and stabilizers" - TDK Dior

Looks very promising! Will you be taking commissions for this?

Re: "Now for high altitude jumps you're gonna need oxygen and stabilizers" - TDK Dior

Oh boy more crafts! You should go to Radio Shack for your electronics, it is cheap (you'll love it) and it will have everything you need to make your lights for the top. You can get your LED's and transistors from there, use lampwire to route to your power source.

You could check dumpsters for some broken glass for the bottom of the building too.

Good luck getting a DX02 to kneel, best keep him standing or you will rip his pants.

DX02 and a gantry coming? No wonder you are broke. Ramen Noodles for you. :)

Looks very promising! Will you be taking commissions for this?

thanks, sorry no I won't be taking commissions. I feel like my work is not worthy to be charging people, and I'm afraid of getting into the position of having too much on my plate and losing interest in the project. Thanks for asking though

Oh boy more crafts! You should go to Radio Shack for your electronics, it is cheap (you'll love it) and it will have everything you need to make your lights for the top. You can get your LED's and transistors from there, use lampwire to route to your power source.

You could check dumpsters for some broken glass for the bottom of the building too.

Good luck getting a DX02 to kneel, best keep him standing or you will rip his pants.

DX02 and a gantry coming? No wonder you are broke. Ramen Noodles for you. :)

Ha, you got me!

Yeah he'll definitely just be standing on the roof, no way a knee bend is going to be happening.

As for the electronics, I find that radio shack is a little too expensive, and that buying the parts on ebay in bulk is cheaper. Those switches that I bought were ~$5 shipped for 10, while at radio shack they were ~$9 for 2 switchs. No thanks RS (its probably a Canadian thing). I'll definitely be dumpster diving, dollar store hoarding and what not to keep the cost of the project down

I'm excited to see your plexi Bat armory!

You best not go too cheap with your electronics if you are using a wall current and you get bad transitors you will melt your model or start an electrical house fire. That cheap foamboard and a 1000-2000 Mcd LED are not going to be friends.

Last edited:

If you have been following my other project (Bane sewers) you'll know that I'm a student and funds are the primary constraint on my projects.

Will you be taking commisions on that Bane sewer?

I am able to pay 10 USD + postage to the US (which based on my past dealings with Canada post is an exorbitant amount. Why are they so expensive?)

You best not go too cheap with your electronics if you are using a wall current and you get bad transitors you will melt your model or start an electrical house fire. That cheap foamboard and a 1000-2000 lumen LED are not going to be friends.

true enough, it'll be something I'll be keeping in mind.

I might just change the power source to a battery. Probably a safer bet

Last edited:

So, another project to keep me busy during the summer before school starts :panic:

Since I have a DX 02 coming in (if Canada Post would hurry up already :gah:), and the Bruce sculpt from the Toy Fairs ex Batman, I figured I would put together a HK scene Batman. Well of course, I'm going to need a diorama for Batman to be standing on.

If you have been following my other project (Bane sewers) you'll know that I'm a student and funds are the primary constraint on my projects. So my goal is to keep this project under $50, while maintaining some accuracy to the source material

Here is some reference material that I'm sure we are all familiar with

batmanhk8.png

batmanhk9.png

Things that I will be including in this diorama:
-LED lights with a switch
-the ability to power the lights to a usb/wall outlet
-real glass for the windows underneath Batman
-I'll include the backdrop as well

My awful sketch of the section I'll be making
93fd712e.jpg

Materials I'll be using:
-Foam board - because I am cheap lol
-I have some switches coming in from eBay
$(KGrHqR,!joE+36iCudnBP+s-9N8Iw~~60_12.JPG

-styrene (the most costly material in my project)

Here's what I have so far

5e94632e.jpg

I will widening the landing on which Batman is standing on, it's too thin in this picture
a70b80fc.jpg

I do feel the box I made is way to long in depth, so it might be something that I'll be adjusting

and of course, and comments or critiques are welcomed. I can only get become better from here.

your going to have to dx 02 in this pose ?not a good for long term posing .

^^ NO, I won't be having the DX 02 in that pose for long term. The picture I included was just a comparison of my progress with the source material

:clap Looking promising, this is one i have also debated having ago at myself, keep the pics coming im keen to see progress.

Just a thought, you might be better off looking for tinted acrylic for the windows rather than glass, it will be easier to work in small pieces and lighter too

I might have missed it but what are the switches for again?

Looks good so far. :)

Kicker is in on this!

Look forward to seeing this. Def one of my favorite scenes from TDK.

loving all these TDK/TDKR dios in production lately....:yess:

Sorry for the delays in updates guys, I'm just waiting to get some styrene from a hobby shop.

Hopefully by Sunday I'll have most of the framework done

Hey guys,

finally got some work done on the dio.

I was able to go on a styrene run today, so I was able to finish up some parts today.

Styrene added to edge of the dio for a smooth ledge

D6C3F5F6-EC33-4492-B4ED-D122D65309CB-5133-0000039C1AFF5C5A.jpg

Work on the lights

E0BEEFA4-4A86-4EEF-ACA8-9F5C672385DA-5133-0000039C10C5674B.jpg

719F21D7-ABB2-41F7-B6B0-B6C2A2881E21-5133-0000039C2398624D.jpg

Lets make 2 more

99B67294-7477-42B8-9A03-A8D6E58B9774-5133-0000039C298D9F75.jpg

Don't mind the dirty dishes in the background
E9C38959-C598-47FE-8E34-02BAE006FC2B-5133-0000039C2F2693FB.jpg

Tried out the lighting with some of my figures

396504EB-D393-486B-84CE-0C429569736F-5133-0000039C373D3635.jpg

Last edited: