White Double Cabinet with LED Shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt83

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Any thoughts on cabinets with the LED lights built directly in to the shelves? I've found this website in the UK, and was thinking of getting the double cabinet at the bottom of the page - https://www.displaycabinetsuk.co.uk/home-living/ It looks very smart but if the lighting isn't bright enough is it worth it?

They look nice, might save a bit of money getting a standard glass display cabinet and fitting LED strip lights yourself ?

I was thinking the same thing but it looks so much neater without the wires everywhere, which strip lights would you suggest?

I'm off to ikea Monday so will pick some up if I hear good feedback
On the last set I picked up here in the states, they had changed the color temp from cool to warm (read: yellow). I picked up a Ledburg and it mounted fine and works great, but I am really irritated with the color temp. After the fact, I believe I read here somewhere they had changed all of their LED lighting to warm so I am looking into trying a set from here instead.

Ditto what TechLife said. The Ikea lights are a horrible yellow and dim now. The ones he linked to are the ones I used in that other thread. They're the same price as a Dioder set, but the lights are a better color. The only problem I had was that the cables were kind of short.

Ok, been put off the ikea ones now, as I'm here in the UK I found these on Amazon UK that look very similar to the ones TechLife linked to [ame]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saxby-13845-Chop-Strip-White/dp/B004B42MAM/ref=sr_1_1?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1345317942&sr=1-1[/ame].

I guess I'll try these after your advice, do they look similar to the ones you used natron?

They look similar, but the ones I got are not dimmable. I'm not sure if that would lead to the same problem as color-change lights (the white is dim and yellow on some of those). They look very bright, and the color looks nice, but I'm not sure I'd trust pictures at this point. It might be worth an email to the seller to see if they know the color temperature of the lights. Around 5000K is the same as sunlight; higher is more blue, and lower is more yellow.

I just found this. They are labeled "Daylight", so it's worth a shot.

Natron, just wondering how you managed to conceal the wires for your strip lights? Got a besta and some lights just want it to look as neat as possible, thanks

They're not really concealed. They run along the right edge of the underside of the shelves and up to a hole out the back. I painted the wires black, so they're not terribly noticeable, but you can still see them.

Back