Which is the better 1/6 Predator: P1 or Classic from Predators?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WedgeWannaBe

Freaked Out
Reaction score
If you only had enough $$$ to get one or the other, which one would you select and why? This is the exact situation that I am in and being new to Hot Toys, I need to hear some thoughts from HT veterans.

Thanks in advance!:clap

I only have the original P1, but from all the pics I've seen I'm pretty happy with keeping that instead of getting the Classic.
Here's my reasons:
- The new body used on the Classic has crappy proportions, which is pretty stupid considering HT dumped a ton of articulation in order to achieve a better body, and yet they failed at making it look anywhere near KPH's physique...
- As I stated above, the Classic has a lot less articulation.
- If you want a P1, you still have to shell out a lot of dough for the missing parts to turn Classic into P1.

I don't got the P1, only the classic so I can't compare them by hand. But what what I've seen in the most pics that the P1 has a slightly bigger head and a way more toyish body than the classic. I'm really happy with my classic and would never sell him, he's a real masterpiece!

I only have the original P1, but from all the pics I've seen I'm pretty happy with keeping that instead of getting the Classic.
Here's my reasons:
- The new body used on the Classic has crappy proportions, which is pretty stupid considering HT dumped a ton of articulation in order to achieve a better body, and yet they failed at making it look anywhere near KPH's physique...
- As I stated above, the Classic has a lot less articulation.
- If you want a P1, you still have to shell out a lot of dough for the missing parts to turn Classic into P1.

The Classic is not suppose to be KPH - its the classic predator from the film Predators

Yeah, definitley it's the one from the Predators movie but you know the P1 still looks more toyish than the costume which KPH wore in Predator.
I think the classic has just the right predator look/proportions to it, just love to look at this figure all the time.

The Classic is not suppose to be KPH - its the classic predator from the film Predators

How can anyone say the proportions on the Classic figure are bad (at least, in comparison to P1)? The P1 has orangutan arms, anorexic thighs, and a ridiculously thin abdomen. However inaccurate Classic's body may be, the P1 is much worse -- and isn't even realistic. If nothing else can be said for Classic, at least his body looks like something a person can fit into and not an ape.

Both figures have been in my collection. I sold P1 over a year ago, anticipating an updated version (or Classic). Ever since I got the new figure, I haven't looked back.

Some men just want to watch the world burn... :rotfl

Ok, here's my vote and I'll try to explain why to keep it in one post.

I've both P1 and Classic and I prefer P1. Why? Simply put, to me, P1 feels right, Classic feels wrong. I look at P1 and I love it and see P1. I look at Classic and I simply like it and I can't see P1, but it's not accurate to Classic either, seems like it tries to be both and ends up being none.

Classic has always felt "wrong" to me. For one, Classic isn't even P1 and whatever people may say, P1's head is more accurate to P1. Also, in spite of what people generally say around here, my opinion is diferent, Classic is the one that looks more toyish to me because it seems more simple. P1 seems more detailed and intricate to me, and that in my way of viewing it makes it more collectible alike.

Also, I love the articulation of the old bodies and I'm not that big of a fan of the new bodies articulation. I also don't like a lot that the new predators are so heavy, that makes them more prone to fall and get damaged by accident. If it wasn't that I have mine on Detolfs my Shadow Predator would already be ruined after falling after having been in the same position for months... it was with its stand and everything...

But anyway, the majority of people, from what I read around here, definitely prefer Classic over P1, and it seems it's mainly due to 2 things: paint apps and body porpotions. So choose wisely so that you won't feel disapointed. And although my views are diferent, Classic does indeed make a nice P1 anyway, I just prefer the original P1.

Hope this helps, good luck! :hi5:

Indeed, but then again, most people get Classic in order to kitbash a P1...

How can anyone say the proportions on the Classic figure are bad (at least, in comparison to P1)? The P1 has orangutan arms, anorexic thighs, and a ridiculously thin abdomen. However inaccurate Classic's body may be, the P1 is much worse -- and isn't even realistic. If nothing else can be said for Classic, at least his body looks like something a person can fit into and not an ape.

Both figures have been in my collection. I sold P1 over a year ago, anticipating an updated version (or Classic). Ever since I got the new figure, I haven't looked back.

The thing is, that body has tons more articulation, which was the standard back then. Now we get less articulated bodies that are still not really accurate. :dunno

I never bothered to get the Classic. I have the P1 and totally happy with it. Is it perfect? NO, but neither is the Classic. And unfortunately not even joining the 2 will make a perfect figure. I'd say got for whatever you like more and have budget for.

Back