DX02 Neck mod??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr3dato8

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to ask this, so thought this was the best place.

Is there some sort of tutorial or specific mod to make the sonar neck shoter?

I don't have a DX02 so I don't know whether the normal neck is the one that has the light up feature or whether the sonar head has its own neck that lights it up.

I'm considering buying the sonar head and neck for the Dx12, but I need to know a way to make it shorter.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Wasn't sure where to ask this, so thought this was the best place.

Is there some sort of tutorial or specific mod to make the sonar neck shoter?

I don't have a DX02 so I don't know whether the normal neck is the one that has the light up feature or whether the sonar head has its own neck that lights it up.

I'm considering buying the sonar head and neck for the Dx12, but I need to know a way to make it shorter.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I believe there was a posting in the MEDIX threads about this mod. If I recall somebody cracked open the neck and shaved the inside bracket and placed a penny in the new heighth groove. This lowered the neck a couple of mm's and it looked good.

actually if you crack the neck open (in half), elegant way is to use a pair of plier and pry it open from the inside (was it comtech?) you can either relocate the back wall w the penny to get the rubber socket to sit deeper or simply do what I did and just leaver the socket out completely which will get almost the same effect though batboy can't hang upside down anymore

But is there a tutorial with pictures or a video? That would really help cos I'm not that good at following text instructions :lol

Well I only found my old picture of the dissected neck to give you an idea
imbdneck.jpg

But this is simple and nobody bothered making a 5sec video for it ;)
You can even practice on a normal neck piece
necks.jpg

actually if you crack the neck open (in half), elegant way is to use a pair of plier and pry it open from the inside (was it comtech?) you can either relocate the back wall w the penny to get the rubber socket to sit deeper or simply do what I did and just leaver the socket out completely which will get almost the same effect though batboy can't hang upside down anymore

This is what I did. Works like a champ. Split it open, take out the guts, glue it back together & pop it back on the post. Done. :yess:

You can't really see it very well but I modified it today based on the instructions above..

DSC_0099-1.jpg

Well I only found my old picture of the dissected neck to give you an idea
imbdneck.jpg

But this is simple and nobody bothered making a 5sec video for it ;)
You can even practice on a normal neck piece
necks.jpg

Thanks for the pictures!

Okay, so the splitting the neck in half bit is easy.

But I dont quite understand the "relocate the back wall with a penny to get the socket to sit deeper" bit.

Do you mean cut out the bottom wall that holds the battery and the led? And then just put the socket back in?
(sorry for being so slow :slap)

actually the mod with the penny (which I did not do) was done on the regular DX02 neck not the sonar LED one so it should look like the second picture but magnets on the top section. So the inside bottom wall was cut out and a penny was used to place it at the depth you desire. But the easy (and reverse-able) thing to do is to just remove the socket and see if that is good enough you can start cutting after that if that is what you want. Also removing the socket is pretty much the only option on the sonar neck anyways ;)

Neck in pic above is the same idea. Just it's IM not TDK neck. Use your imagination ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Last edited:
Back