Bestas' Tombo Doors leaning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I have to assume that since so many of us use Besta shelving, that I am not the only one who has suffered the Tombo lean. I don't know why my doors slant down a bit but has anyone else experienced this? And if so, did you just leave it and call it a day, or did you find a fix?

Drove me nuts, its actually not that hard of a fix.. but you will need someone to hold the door for you.

Open it up, and loosen the hinge screws and then either shimmy it up or down.. retighten and see if it helps the level.

On a side note, the process of installing the doors was a pain. I ended up attaching the hinges to the door first.. and then screwing them into the wood.

I literally just put up my Besta shelf and Tombo doors this past weekend. I had the same problem with the lean/tilt. After you have the doors installed onto the shelf, just try tightening or loosening the screw on the first hinge and then tightening or loosening the screw on the second hinge until you get it balanced. (See attached image, the little round screw on the left).

I literally just put up my Besta shelf and Tombo doors this past weekend. I had the same problem with the lean/tilt. After you have the doors installed onto the shelf, just try tightening or loosening the screw on the first hinge and then tightening or loosening the screw on the second hinge until you get it balanced. (See attached image, the little round screw on the left).

:exactly: This is what I had to do on all my Tombo doors after installing them to get them centered and aligned.

IMG_1156.jpg

Okay great! As soon as I get the last 3 doors I need this weekend, I will do all of that and fix them. Thank you very much.

Nice set up Mister Ski.

Yep, that's how you do it. Use a spirit level, level the besta itself, then level the doors along with it. :)

Back