New Collector with Hot toys 1/6 question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakhota

Super Freak
Reaction score
I see a lot of HOTTOYS HOT TOYS IRONMAN IRON MAN 2 MARK VI 1/6 MMS 132 MMS132 FIGURE AQ1253 on ebay from Hong Kong and Malaysia. Are these the real deal? , I hear that the Wolverine 1/6 from both those places is a bootleg. I really want to purchase one and also a Wolverine but am afraid of getting a knock off. Also has anyone ordered from these Countries, can customs open or damage these items as they enter the U.S.? Thank you :wave

i was scared to buy from these places too. but id say if there feedback is 90-100% then should be good. also check the reviews of there feedback and see if people buy similar hot toys and say if its good. i got few things from hong kong sellers on ebay and was great. the guys i used was goodshipped and popolove1124

How do you know from buying from these Countries about the "fake Wolverines". They all use mostly stock photos , but a lot of the descriptions say 1000% real :rotfl. Also I have seen the tan face bootleg next to the real one and to be honest, how can you really tell its fake ? Wolverine was the figure I saw to make me want to start collecting hot toys, but I want to purchase a real one so that i am supporting hot toys and not supporting pirates ( Sorry Mr. Jack Sparrow!)

I have even read that the Wolverine bootlegs are so good people are just buying them because the real ones are too expensive , and there is really no difference. Sorry for the long winded question, if there is already a bootleg wolverine thread please let me know. Thanks again for your time!
:yess:

I see a lot of HOTTOYS HOT TOYS IRONMAN IRON MAN 2 MARK VI 1/6 MMS 132 MMS132 FIGURE AQ1253 on ebay from Hong Kong and Malaysia. Are these the real deal? , I hear that the Wolverine 1/6 from both those places is a bootleg. I really want to purchase one and also a Wolverine but am afraid of getting a knock off. Also has anyone ordered from these Countries, can customs open or damage these items as they enter the U.S.? Thank you :wave

From a high feedback seller it should be fine from Hong Kong/Malaysia. There are no knock off of Iron Mens.... (Unlike Wolverine which was just recasting the head, there are just too many parts with Mk. VI).

Whether Damage occurs depends on Custom officer, the seller's packaging, shipping, package handlers, etc... there's too much variability that you cannot with confidence, associate damage occurring to an entire country (or countries).

Speaking as a resident of Malaysia that orders frequently from HK.

p.s. Most, if not all fake Wolverine(s) are from Vietnam (If I recall correctly)...

i recall hot toys warning people that there were bootlegs getting sold

Only for Wolverine Origins figure.

I got my Iron Man Mark VI from HK. It's the real deal and was in pristine condition.

How do you know from buying from these Countries about the "fake Wolverines". They all use mostly stock photos , but a lot of the descriptions say 1000% real :rotfl. Also I have seen the tan face bootleg next to the real one and to be honest, how can you really tell its fake ? Wolverine was the figure I saw to make me want to start collecting hot toys, but I want to purchase a real one so that i am supporting hot toys and not supporting pirates ( Sorry Mr. Jack Sparrow!)

I have even read that the Wolverine bootlegs are so good people are just buying them because the real ones are too expensive , and there is really no difference. Sorry for the long winded question, if there is already a bootleg wolverine thread please let me know. Thanks again for your time!
:yess:

Hello and welcome to Hot Toys collecting. I have had both the fake and real Wolverine figures and still have the real one. They look similar but the fake one has a regular hard plastic body while the real one has a rubberized body, big difference there. The face sculpt on the real one, in person, is better and there is usually some glue showing on the fake one's claws, not to mention the dog tags are different as well as some of the clothing, I believe. As you can see there are some major differences. I would buy from someone you can trust like someone on this board or a U.S. seller on ebay with good feedback that can assure you before you buy that it is the real thing. Good luck!

Thank you all for answering those questions , I feel more comfortable buying from Ebay. :hi5: Spending 300.00- 400.00 on an action figure and getting not what you wanted can be horrible, even worst is trying to explain to my wife why I am buying it in the first place:horror

even worst is trying to explain to my wife why I am buying it in the first place:horror

Haha, this statement killed me. I just got rescue cap last night and went through the same thing. Now, she was great with that one. The issue is going to be when I start setting up the more expensive sets like the gantry/mark IV. A couple of hundred dollars can be ok, a couple of thousand in total can wear on a family. :exactly:

If the real one cost 400+ and the fake one cost 100, I say if you really like the figure..go for the fake..sure the resale value is crap but you really want the figure and it's at 1/4 the price. If it's not 1/4 the price, than stay away!!

There are no fake Iron Man Mark IV or VI. I guess its too time consuming to make fake ones, with all the small parts and details of the figures.

Thank you all for answering those questions , I feel more comfortable buying from Ebay. :hi5: Spending 300.00- 400.00 on an action figure and getting not what you wanted can be horrible, even worst is trying to explain to my wife why I am buying it in the first place:horror

If you buy from ebay just use paypal, so if you do get a fake you can get your money back so your covered:wave

Back