PHANTOM SHELF DIVERS - Worst of.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanderer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey fellas
So I wake up this morning to find my Medi Darth Maul took a face plant but because he's in front of Jango and C3PO, he took them down too :slap
Weird thing is, he one of the most solidly balanced figures I own with tight ankle joints and no history of falling before :dunno
What makes it even weirder for me is that since I put my figures out on display a few months ago, a couple of my other solid figures have done the same. Each with super tight ankles joints and no reason to go over. Now I'm not exactly living on a fault line here and my older more loose figures seem to stand upright no problems.
It's a real mystery to me, particularly as it always happens overnight.... :panic: Lukily they're behind glass doors so generally only headbut the door...still it's a real pain in the arse.
Now before I call either a haunting or a Toy Story style living dolls situation, what's your most mysterious or unexplained shelf dive and, if any, what damage has been caused?

Last edited:
No stories here but this is exactly why I display figures with their stands, and exactly why most figures come with one. :lol

Probably not a ghost, maybe you sleepmosh? :rock

ever have a 18" Neca predator drop onto your sleeping girlfriend at 3 in the morning, "lession 1: dont place shelves over the bed!"

i couldnt sleep after awaking to those screams

ever have a 18" Neca predator drop onto your sleeping girlfriend at 3 in the morning, "lession 1: dont place shelves over the bed!"

I had a 18' Neca Michael Myers take a dive and land right on top of my head... ouch! Luckily, it wasn't the knife that made contact with my skull. Yeah, he's no longer on display.

I used to sleep with a shelf full of figures right above my head. Always worried i'd never see the next day if they landed on my head :horror

It's got to be ghosts knocking my **** over. I live in a sleepy suburb with zero traffic. Random as hell some of the divers I've had.:gah:

honestly same here, I havent had an incident in a long time tho.:panic:

I used to sleep with a shelf full of figures right above my head. Always worried i'd never see the next day if they landed on my head :horror

It's got to be ghosts knocking my **** over. I live in a sleepy suburb with zero traffic. Random as hell some of the divers I've had.:gah:

On a shelf no way would i display em without a stand.

I'd love to display even the figs in my detolfs without the stands but i just got fed up with being woken up in the morning by a thud lol.

On a shelf no way would i display em without a stand.

I'd love to display even the figs in my detolfs without the stands but i just got fed up with being woken up in the morning by a thud lol.

Haha I'm starting to see the logic there....now :slap
'89 Bats took a spill the other day plus my Thriller MJ (somehow) Strating to do my head in!

Back