GRAY HULK diorama....under $1000?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe:

- limited number of people who are not willing to finance the life of others
- green one looks better in rl than the grey one
- ff4 diorama looks great even without a grey hulk
- didnt get a grey pf hulk
- double the price for another color? :rotfl

Domer said:
Maybe:

- limited number of people who are not willing to finance the life of others
- green one looks better in rl than the grey one
- ff4 diorama looks great even without a grey hulk
- didnt get a grey pf hulk
- double the price for another color? :rotfl

:lol you got great theory there. :chew

well, i think it is because people would rather pay for the PF Gray Hulk than the diorama one. :chew

Domer said:
green one looks better in rl than the grey one

I think this has alot to do with it.....People are over the "grey fever" and are realizing that the green Hulk is actually better. Also the PF Hulk has taken some attention off it to.

Many think the edition size of #50 pice`s should be the lowest but now we have Ardeth Bey bust with only #15 pice`s.

ferlin said:
Many think the edition size of #50 pice`s should be the lowest but now we have Ardeth Bey bust with only #15 pice`s.

I dont think that is the reason. Would the grey one look much "better" than the green one and if SS didnt make that thing with the too low limitation of the grey pf it would be more expensive.

I just think the seller is attempting to sell this item at the wrong time as alot of sideshow collector who would be interested in this piece are being hit with alot of preorders shipping at the moment

King Darkness said:
I think this has alot to do with it.....People are over the "grey fever" and are realizing that the green Hulk is actually better. Also the PF Hulk has taken some attention off it to.

I agree.. Also from what Ive seen, the paint is a tad Sloppy on the Gray.. That would bug me..

Once the Vs line puts out 2 -3 more pieces after Cap people will seek this one out.

I agree that right now seems to be the time for cancellations and not $1,000 spending on anything...and that includes Gray Hulk dioramas. There is just too much stuff coming out and even more after all the stuff we saw from SDCC.

its just jumping thru the same hoops almost every other collectible goes thru.
Initial excitement = Very hot, waiting for shipment = lull, Shipping = Hot again, Post shipping = excitement dwindles as newer products are announced and flipping settles so attention shifts elsewhere, 1yr+ later = prices heat up again and stay more consistant due to the ES/rarity.

occulum said:
Initial excitement = Very hot, waiting for shipment = lull, Shipping = Hot again, Post shipping = excitement dwindles as newer products are announced and flipping settles so attention shifts elsewhere, 1yr+ later = prices heat up again and stay more consistant due to the ES/rarity.

A great a very accurate evaluation of the collectibles market in general Occ.

This deosn't seem like the best time to sell it, in my opinion. I myself was caught in a situation where I considered selling it, since that would have allowed me to keep a few cancelled Marvel orders, yet most of the potential buyers are strapped for cash from the same orders I had to cancel! Money is tight this pay period for Marvel collectors.

tomandshell said:
This deosn't seem like the best time to sell it, in my opinion. I myself was caught in a situation where I considered selling it, since that would have allowed me to keep a few cancelled Marvel orders, yet most of the potential buyers are strapped for cash from the same orders I had to cancel! Money is tight this pay period for Marvel collectors.

And August is the best time to buy and worst to sell (on ebay anyway)

King Darkness said:

Actually, I much prefer the grey Hulk VS piece over the green one myself.

occulum said:

You got it.

I still see the Grey Hulk Selling for around 2K or more in the future. So hopefully I can get one alittle cheaper then $999.99, I think its a steal. An LE of 50 is super low, its surprising that this one didn't sell, grey or green its an awesomw diorama.

Natrix said:
Actually, I much prefer the grey Hulk VS piece over the green one myself.
I agree, the gray Hulk looks better than the green one. My only gripe is that the shirt color is too close to the skin color.

NASEDO said:
I still see the Grey Hulk Selling for around 2K or more in the future. So hopefully I can get one alittle cheaper then $999.99, I think its a steal. An LE of 50 is super low, its surprising that this one didn't sell, grey or green its an awesomw diorama.

The Grey Hulk PF has gotten me over the fact that I missed the Grey Hulk VS. The PF looks so much better IMO. Ok, there's no Spidey, and the current Spidey PF is not the biggest hit, but I'm sure there'll be an attractive alternative next year, when Spider man III hits the theatres. A black exclusive version or so.

Back