Which eFX piece to choose?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFX Tie Fighter or Vader Helmet

• Efx Tie Fighter

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Efx Vader Helmet

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muzzer

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi. This has been doing my head in for a few weeks now :gah:, and am hoping to maybe get some input from Y'all.
I have both the Efx L/E Darth Vader Helmet, and the Efx Tie Fighter pre- ordered,
However, the new house I've just bought means the space I have for my collection is limited.
I must choose one of these...
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Muz

Re: Which to choose?

Vader is the ultimate Star Wars collectible and a much better representation of the trilogy. :lecture

It depends on how many Vader items you already have. Like if you have a lot or feel Vader is already well represented then I'd go with the TIE Fighter.

Personally since I own Sideshow's lifesize Vader bust, I don't see a need to own a Vader helmet as well.

Depends on what you like, to me personally the models (x-wing, tie-fighter etc..) are so much cooler.

Those helmets / lightsaber handles just doesnt do anything for me, vs having a highly detailed complete ship on display!

of course, you may have to wait a while(like never) until efx releases the tie fighter...

I dont even know if the reseller i preordered from is still in business anymore :(

I think I'd go with TIE-Fighter.
There are many cool (other) representation of Vader you could get to get the feel of the character.
But a very nice TIE is hard to come by.

keep both.............mount the wings to vaders helmet & viola.........you have a true vader tiefighter............:lecture

you are welcome in advance for my awesome space saving best of both worlds idea........:wave

Love that Vader helm, but personally I'd go for the TIE. In a way, it's a great problem to have, though. Really can't go wrong either way.

The TIE Fighter wasn't made in high end before excepting the old and inaccurate Icons. I'd say go for the TIE, you won't see another one soon. Vader helmets you'll see, licensed or not, TIE's not really.

keep both.............mount the wings to vaders helmet & viola.........you have a true vader tiefighter............:lecture

you are welcome in advance for my awesome space saving best of both worlds idea........:wave

BRILLIANT.jpg

The TIE Fighter wasn't made in high end before excepting the old and inaccurate Icons. I'd say go for the TIE, you won't see another one soon. Vader helmets you'll see, licensed or not, TIE's not really.
Hadn't thought of that, but that's a great point. If circumstances change in the future, it will probably be a lot easier to hunt down a Vader helm (whether eFX, some other company or custom) than the TIE, which is limited to what, ~800 pieces worldwide?

:lecture

Absolutely correct!

I'll be fortunate enough to have both but JK is spot on, this is only the SECOND officially licensed, highly accurate, Tie ever made. There'll be a EpV Vader on the way soon enough, and there's many different versions already available.

Just look how much the Icons ones sell for on ebay (around 3K).

Thanks for the wise and zany feedback chaps. :clap
Yeah, it sucks I have to choose.
I'm leaning towards the TIE Fighter post JKNO's very valid point.
Yeah, i should check who I pre- ordered this through.
They may not be in business either...

didnt master replica made a studio tie fighter too, or was i dreaming? I know they made a x-wing, almost a carbon copy of the efx version...

didnt master replica made a studio tie fighter too, or was i dreaming? I know they made a x-wing, almost a carbon copy of the efx version...

They were meant to do the X-Wing and the Vader Tie, but lost their license before delivery.

Bryan took the X-Wing proto with him when he formed eFX and that was their first SS.

I have both on order but i much prefer studio scale ships, there’s just so much more to them than just a helmet, plus i think the Vader LE with 1000 will always be available and i doubt the price will ever go up. Look at the few studio scales like the X-wing and Y-wing there prices have gone up especially the Y-wing.

Must there be a poll for people to decide what you like? If you can't decide, don't get rid of either of them until you have a clear thought as to what YOU feel is important to you.

Vader might be the centerpiece for some, but others might be more a biased focus toward a Stormtrooper, or Boba Fett, or TIE Pilot, or (fill in the blank). Many people have varying favorites and ultimately it's going to affect you and no one else here.

I have been pondering this for two days now and have come to the conclusion that if I had to choose one I would keep the helmet. Vader is the most recognizable character from SW and his helmet should allow for an exquisite display of the most fearsome character of pop culture. :lecture

Back