Star Wars Weekend and Carbon-Freeze Me!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budafett

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Star Wars Weekend June 3rd 2012

This was my first Star Wars weekend at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In the past Erika and I also went to Celebration V so I knew what I was getting myself into.

Entering Hollywood studios we were all greeted by chatting Stormtroopers on top of the main entrance. Pretty cool dialogue between the few, who I’m pretty sure were 501st members.

IMG_0497.jpg

I had an appointment for Carbon-Freeze experience at the Drew Carey theatre, right next to the American Idol experience. I had an appointment set up and greeted the cast member and she ushered me into the theatre. When we entered the walls had posters of “frozen criminals” of the few people who have already had their figure made. The stage was set up as the chamber as seen in Empire Strikes Back. On top they had banners with the graphic of the chamber. There were two areas to be 3D scanned each with two different cast members. I was the only one there at the moment and sat down. They allowed for some test shots and then they took a few for real shots. After they took the scans you were able to see all the scans on their computer and pick the one you wanted. They showed the larger and than what it would look like in carbonite. Over all it was a pretty damn awesome experience and well worth the $115.

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017-1.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Once again we walked around and did Star Tours a few times, making it to all the planets! It’s still a great ride! The Star Tours area had Star Wars banners on the lampposts and over the park tents for the celebrities. They also had “scene sets” set up over the park for various characters other than the normal Star Tours stage for the Jedi Academy.

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Coolest fan-made costume!

IMG_0057.jpg

In the center of the park they had Han Solo frozen in carbonite with Boba Fett guarding him and talking to the park goers! Also they had trivia contests with cast members dressed as aliens! I actually won a vintage set of 30th anniversary coin set from 2007 made my Hasbro! Pretty cool free gift! My question was “What was the 1st appearance of Boba Fett?” One kid answered, “clone wars” but the correct answer, which I answered was “Star Wars Holiday Special”. Everyone clapped and I felt like a super nerd among us nerds!

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0012-1.jpg

IMG_0013-2.jpg

IMG_0015-2.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

One of the coolest parts of Star Wars weekend was Darth Maul’s Mall, which they had all the Star Wars Weekend Merchandise set up! Toys, action figures, artwork and pins! I bought the Annual Pass Holder exclusive pin!

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0010-1.jpg

IMG_0011-2.jpg

Overall it was a great time and the combination of my two favorite things! We’re defiantly going back!

You got carbon-froze with your eyes open! That must hurt!

Thanks for sharing! Awesome pics man!

Thats very cool, glad you had fun, I missed the SW weekend by one day, couldn't convince the family to fly out any earlier. :(

I like your pics, nice to see Disney is keeping the Tusken's well fed. :lol

Great pics!!

Also, you caught pictures of my wife and myself. I'm the white stormtrooper at the front of the pack on the right (trooper's right) and my wife is the biker scout that is closest to the camera in the 2nd pic. Small world LOL. :lol

Of course the Star Wars parade in the park was excellent as well!
IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Great pics!!

Also, you caught pictures of my wife and myself. I'm the white stormtrooper at the front of the pack on the right (trooper's right) and my wife is the biker scout that is closest to the camera in the 2nd pic. Small world LOL. :lol

Thanks guys! I really enjoyed the weekend!

That's crazy Shropt! I had a decent view for the parade! To be honest I was expecting Vader and maybe some Fetts too but there were none to be had...:monkey2

Shropt...were you at the airport in armor on may 17th? If so I got a picture of you with my wife...I made her get one

Shropt...were you at the airport in armor on may 17th? If so I got a picture of you with my wife...I made her get one

No, that wasn't me. I'm guessing those were Disney employees since I never heard of an airport event.

Back