Needing a Spidey Opinon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I really want a Hot Toys Spiderman Fig., but I have a problem. Spiderman 3 sucked so that rules out the black Toby Spiderman. So my choices are between the Raimi red without a Toby Head Sculpt or the Garfield figure. My problem is I really didn't like the Amazing Spiderman, but I loved the suit! So what should I do guys? Settle for the Garfield? Settle with the plain Red Raimi Spiderman? Or wait on a Raimi Red Spiderman with a Toby Head sculpt? Do you guys even think they Will make a Riami Red Spiderman with a Toby head sculpt? Thanks all opinions are helpful!

If you like the Garfield suit...buy the Garfield suit.

FWIW I think the black Spidey is the best out of the 3...but, of course, I haven't seen the Garfield in hand.

I doubt we'll see anything else from Raimi Spidey.

I feel, in the long run the Rami costume will be the classic, iconic figure that everyone recognises and could serve as a generic comic book Spider man. When they make a sequel to ASM they're probably gonna totally redo the costume

I have the red and blue Raimi Spidey and it's one of my favorite figures in my collection.

Hey guys I really want a Hot Toys Spiderman Fig., but I have a problem. Spiderman 3 sucked so that rules out the black Toby Spiderman. So my choices are between the Raimi red without a Toby Head Sculpt or the Garfield figure. My problem is I really didn't like the Amazing Spiderman, but I loved the suit! So what should I do guys? Settle for the Garfield? Settle with the plain Red Raimi Spiderman? Or wait on a Raimi Red Spiderman with a Toby Head sculpt? Do you guys even think they Will make a Riami Red Spiderman with a Toby head sculpt? Thanks all opinions are helpful!

I think you should just go with what appeals to you the best. I love the Black suit Spidey regardless of how I felt about the movie.

I say track down the Red and Blue Spiderman (it's one of my favorite figures).That ASM figure on the other hand, looks like trash (IMO).

I guess for me it would depend on how much the Raimi red/blue costs. I see a few of those on Ebay going for more than I'd be willing to spend, so if it were me, I'd have to go with the Raimi black. I can't stand the new suit or Garfield, so that one is definitely not an option.

At the end it should come down to which suit you like the most.

I mean... you're not going to display Spiderman with a Peter Parker headscupt.. its always gonna be with the mask. So despite of the movie.. do you like the design of the ASM suit or the classic Raimi design. Thats all you should ask yourself and you will know what you want.

(but if you really wanna know the real answer it's the Red and Blue Raimi one of course !)

At the end it should come down to which suit you like the most.

I mean... you're not going to display Spiderman with a Peter Parker headscupt.. its always gonna be with the mask. So despite of the movie.. do you like the design of the ASM suit or the classic Raimi design. Thats all you should ask yourself and you will know what you want.

(but if you really wanna know the real answer it's the Red and Blue Raimi one of course !)

Great Point! I agree! But the consensus is we probably want see a Raimi Spiderman with a Toby Sculpt by Hot Toys?

fbdbda80.jpg

Great Point! I agree! But the consensus is we probably want see a Raimi Spiderman with a Toby Sculpt by Hot Toys?

I'd say HT is done with Raimi Spidey. Goblin is still shelfwarming hard online and Spidey black isn't doing all that much better. I can't see HT taking a gamble with a red/blue Spidey with Toby head unless they had some other great accessory to add to it.

I guess it's possible HT might go towards Spider-Man 2, but still that's a long shot.

If you like the ASM get that one, I have the R&B and the black spidey with a custom parker made from the head that came with the black suit version. The black suit is the best buy ATM do to the awesome parker sculpt and base, but you really need to deside what will look best on your shelf. I also have the ASM on pre-order too cause I'm a hugh spidey fan:D

Go for which suit you liked best :wink1:

I think that the Raimi spider r/b are the better, because is so close to the comic version.

the black spider is the better for the Tobey head but spider man are best know for the Blue and Red costume.

and the new one (speedo spider) is just a movie version that could be changed at any momment on the sequels.

Back