Detolf question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problems with them swinging open at all, but they do make locks for the doors if that is what you may want.

Just curious, I have a meeting in Atlanta this month so while down there I am going to swing in an Ikea and pick a Detolf up, if I lay the back seat down how many might be able to get in a sedan? I wanted 3, but I think I might only be able to put two in as the boxes seem a bit big. Anyone have any experience with stuffing them in a 4-door car?

Just curious, I have a meeting in Atlanta this month so while down there I am going to swing in an Ikea and pick a Detolf up, if I lay the back seat down how many might be able to get in a sedan? I wanted 3, but I think I might only be able to put two in as the boxes seem a bit big. Anyone have any experience with stuffing them in a 4-door car?

When I make my yearly pilgrimages to our local Ikea, I usually come back with a couple, too! :1-1:

The thing to remember is, the boxes are long, and more importantly ... heavy. (I have a minivan, and I take out the back two sets of seats.)

The boxes are five and a half feet long, a foot and a half wide ... and nearly a hundred pounds each. You may want to measure your car before you go.

Here are the box dimensions from the Ikea site:

Package measurement and weight
Packages:: 1
Article Number: 100.110.55
Width: 16 3/8"
Height: 3 1/4"
Length: 65 3/8"
Weight: 93lb
Quantity: 1

Get someone to help you put it together. Going solo is possible but it makes the job way too hard. :lol

I've assembled and disassembled mine so many times I can do it one handed so:nana:

So ikea do the locks as well?
Never needed before, but now the little one is getting clever enough to open them so will invest.
He'll probabley just throw himself into it head first, are they safety glass?

Mine are disassembled right now and most of my figures on high shelves or in wooden cabinets but miss my detolfs.

well look at it this way i managed to get 3 into my little 3 door Vauxhall corsa hatchback with another person in the car aswell and managed to get them 50 odd mile back home up the motorway with no problem lol granted 50ish mile isn't too far but for a small 11 year old car it is lol i was almost pulling wheelies so i think a sedan should fit them fine lol

I'd just like to add it was like laurel and hardy for me and my friend trying to get them into my car lol..i probably should have measures the car before i went lol but i got home so lol.

well look at it this way i managed to get 3 into my little 3 door Vauxhall corsa hatchback with another person in the car aswell and managed to get them 50 odd mile back home up the motorway with no problem lol granted 50ish mile isn't too far but for a small 11 year old car it is lol i was almost pulling wheelies so i think a sedan should fit them fine lol

I'd just like to add it was like laurel and hardy for me and my friend trying to get them into my car lol..i probably should have measures the car before i went lol but i got home so lol.

I can fit mine into a pug 106, you just need to remove parcel shelf and flatten back seats and push the front passenger seat forward.
Done:)
Only room for driver(me) no others unless they get in back behind me on drivers side but that is pushing it.
Can imagine you in the corsa about the same size hahahaha thats mental

I have a Jetta, I got 4 of them in mine with the seat layed down

I have question regarding the detolf shelves.

Black Suit Spiderman in the air above Sandman will not fit in the allotted space between shelves. Therefore, I had to remove a shelf making Spidey take up two shelf spaces.

I read someplace (cannot find it) collectors use something to adjust the shelves versus removing them. Any help is appreciated.

I have question regarding the detolf shelves.

Black Suit Spiderman in the air above Sandman will not fit in the allotted space between shelves. Therefore, I had to remove a shelf making Spidey take up two shelf spaces.

I read someplace (cannot find it) collectors use something to adjust the shelves versus removing them. Any help is appreciated.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60352

hope this helps;)

Back