How to remove wrist peg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhaykal

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey,
I have a Sweeney Todd slim true type and when I was removing the hand, the wrist peg snapped off and is stuck in the wrist. Anyone know how to remove the severed peg from the wrist? it snapped off so clean that there is nothing to grasp on to on the stuck peg. Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

Good question. I have a peg stuck in a spiderman hand I would love to get out. I couldn't figure out a solution. Maybe heat and a pin to pry it out but I think the shape of pegs having a bump at the end renders this impossible.

If its stuck in the arm maybe you can pry open the arm and re-glue.

Last edited:
You could also take a fine drillbit and hand drill it into the peg. Once you have enough of it in there, you can pull the whole thing out.

I would drill it with a small drill bit to create the hole. Then screw in a small screw into the hole and pull it out. This the safest I have found to get broken pegs out.

:lol What everybody else is saying is all too much work. And if you're clumsy enough to break a wrist peg, imagine the damage you'll do taking a drill or a hammer and nail to the forearm of the figure. Get a wood screw that's about the same diameter as the peg and screw it into the nub of the peg until it's in and secure. Pull. Nub comes right out.

:lol What everybody else is saying is all too much work. And if you're clumsy enough to break a wrist peg, imagine the damage you'll do taking a drill or a hammer and nail to the forearm of the figure. Get a wood screw that's about the same diameter as the peg and screw it into the nub of the peg until it's in and secure. Pull. Nub comes right out.

Does anyone know if this method will work on a wrist peg stuck in a HT Abigail body? I almost cried when this happened to me today. The opening is way too small for tweezers.

Back