Graphic Novels Picking Up Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SepticFlesh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well...it has been a few years since I have read a single graphic novel but decided to start collecting and reading them again.
So far I am finishing up the "Preacher" story which is f'ing phenomonal and only have a couple more volumes to pick up to finish that whole story up.
I asked a question if "Wasteland" was considered a decent graphic novel and member "Furystorm" told me they were pretty decent so I went ahead and ordered the first 2 volumes which were both the "Apocalyptic Edition Hard Cover" editions. The first thing that drew me by surprise was the fact that these are in black and white!...however after reading the first volume I for only about half an hour I am totally fascinated by this story and in fact even though I would prefer a colored graphic novel...in many ways the black and white sort of adds a certain mood to the story and I honestly forget that I am reading this in black and white. I do highly reccomend both "Apocolyptic Edition" volumes for Wasteland this is some cool stuff.

Anyway here is a list of the graphic novels I will be picking up soon...not all at once because these things do add up mighty fast:

"The Absolute Sandman Volumes 1 and 2"...I have read that the second volume is far better but I would like to start from the beginning and plus with these editions the coloring has been updated (computer generated I believe) but does not matter to me as long as the art work is eye catching.

"Criminal: Deluxe Edition Hardcover"..I believe there are more volumes but I will only be ordering the one just to see if the others will be worth it.

"The Walking Dead Deluxe Omnibus All 3 Volumes"...this will offer many happy dark EUPHORIC nights to my very existence as I absolutely loved the first 2 television series. :)

I am sure many have heard of and probably read every graphic novel I mentiond...as these are considered top of the line graphic novels.
I never thought I would find myself reading graphic novels again, for some reason I just lost interest in them (probably from finishing up college), but I cannot wait to dive into the ones mentioned...especially Sandman and the Walking Dead which I know I am going to love.

Graphic novels and Sideshow Sculpt collections that are just absolutely breathtaking...I can think of much worse hobbies to be into. All of my so called friends make fun of me everytime they walk in my room wondering why me a grown man has so many high end Sculpts like I am some kind of super geek or something while they are considered the cool dudes who do nothing but get drunk in the same bars every night. I love my hobbies. :cool:

Last edited:
If you end up liking the writing in the Walking Dead. I would highly suggest picking up the compendium of Invincible. It's my all time favorite book and its written by the same writer of The Walking Dead.

If you end up liking the writing in the Walking Dead. I would highly suggest picking up the compendium of Invincible. It's my all time favorite book and its written by the same writer of The Walking Dead.

I may check that one out however I have never been a fan of superheroes...at least none similar to spiderman, superman, even Batman. I do however like the Punisher quite a bit and have quite a few graphic novels based on him.
I also tried reading "the Watchmen" and I could never get through it just not my thing. If a graphic novel is not just that..."Graphic", such as rated R with gore and darkness chances are I will not like it.
Never heard of compendium of Invincible is that the one about Superman's son?

I may check that one out however I have never been a fan of superheroes...at least none similar to spiderman, superman, even Batman. I do however like the Punisher quite a bit and have quite a few graphic novels based on him.
I also tried reading "the Watchmen" and I could never get through it just not my thing. If a graphic novel is not just that..."Graphic", such as rated R with gore and darkness chances are I will not like it.
Never heard of compendium of Invincible is that the one about Superman's son?

Nope Invincible has nothing to do with Marvel or DC. If you enjoy your comics with gore this ones for you. Easily the goriest super hero book I have ever read. Possibly one of the goriest books I have ever read of any genre. I believe I read somewhere that the writer Robert Kirkman wanted to write a book about super heroes actually showing the pain they really are inflicting on each other. Like when Invincible punches someone it's not like when superman does barely looks like he scratched theperson. This book has a ton of blood and gore. Just like it should be when someone gets hit by a superhuman.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible_(comics)

Last edited:
Nope Invincible has nothing to do with Marvel or DC. If you enjoy your comics with gore this ones for you. Easily the goriest super hero book I have ever read. Possibly one of the goriest books I have ever read of any genre. I believe I read somewhere that the writer Robert Kirkman wanted to write a book about super heroes actually showing the pain they really are inflicting on each other. Like when Invincible punches someone it's not like when superman does barely looks like he scratched theperson. This book has a ton of blood and gore. Just like it should be when someone gets hit by a superhuman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible_(comics)
That sounds very interesting (and the link doesn't work :lol ). I'll have a look at that.

I'm pretty much caught up now (except for The Goon), so this will be a welcomed addition.

That sounds very interesting (and the link doesn't work :lol ). I'll have a look at that.

I'm pretty much caught up now (except for The Goon), so this will be a welcomed addition.

Thanks! Had no idea that link wasnt working. Heres a different one that would give you an idea about the series. https://www.comicvine.com/invincible/49-17993/ If you do decide to dive into this series I would highly suggest going with the compendium on amazon over trades. Much cheaper that way. Any ways here is a small sample of how bloody this book can be.
invincible.jpg

Back