Avengers the movie :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
I really hope they take their time on making this film.

READ MORE:

Avengers Live Action Film Headed to Theaters
Veteran super-hero scripter Zak Penn is at work on bringing the Earth's Mightiest Heroes to a movie theater near you.

Marvel Studios revealed that it plans to make an Avengers live action movie, a dream that many fans have had for years.

Zak Penn (X-Men: the Last Stand, X2: X-Men United, The Incredible Hulk) has been engaged to write the screenplay.

The company describes the Avengers as: "The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes, formed to fight the foes no single hero could withstand. The Avengers are the most prestigious and powerful super-hero team in the world."

:chew :chew :chew

I don't know if it would work. To those unfamiliar with the characters, they would need to explain all of their origins. I'm afriad it will be too similar to the new ultimate Avengers cartoon. I think we need a Captain America, Iron Man, and a few other Avengers solo movies before they do this.

Buttmunch said:
I don't know if it would work. To those unfamiliar with the characters, they would need to explain all of their origins. I'm afriad it will be too similar to the new ultimate Avengers cartoon. I think we need a Captain America, Iron Man, and a few other Avengers solo movies before they do this.

Well, Ant Man, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and The Hulk 2 have all been announced already. Think that's enough solo movies?

LoL, yeah those were all the titles Avi Arad announced at comic con with hopes that an Avengers movie wouldn't be far behind, looks like that idea became a reality now.:banana
I do agree though that the origins need to come first. If they threw the Avengers out there without any background, they'd be setting themselves for a big time failure.

If done right, it could be fantastic. I say the movie comic book movies the better. At least it gives us a reason to leave the house and something to chat about.

Hightreker said:
Well, Ant Man, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and The Hulk 2 have all been announced already. Think that's enough solo movies?

I only heard Hulk 2 and Iron Man were a go. If those other ones are a go and they come out before the Avengers movie, than I think it would work. I wonder if the Captain America movie will be WWII and he gets frozen at the end to set up the avengers movie to find him, thaw him out, and form the avengers. Why does that sound so familiar though :rolleyes:

I just hope the Captain America movie is done well and that the Red Skull will be in it and also done well. I hope Hulk 2 isn't a remake like I've heard though.

Buttmunch said:
I hope Hulk 2 isn't a remake like I've heard though.

At Comic-Con the director of Hulk 2 made it very clear that this Hulk would be completely different from the 1st, that it would have no origins, that it would have Abomination as the villian, and no more gamma poodles.:D

Hightreker said:
At Comic-Con the director of Hulk 2 made it very clear that this Hulk would be completely different from the 1st, that it would have no origins, that it would have Abomination as the villian, and no more gamma poodles.:D

Sounds good to me! :D

Hightreker said:

What is the possibility of the same actor playing the solo movie role will be in the Avengers movie??? I do hope they plan this right.

..also, if an Avengers movie is possible, perhaps Civil War the movie wouldn't be too far back :D

TOE said:
What is the possibility of the same actor playing the solo movie role will be in the Avengers movie??? I do hope they plan this right.

..also, if an Avengers movie is possible, perhaps Civil War the movie wouldn't be too far back :D

I would love a Civil War movie, but I just think there are too many characters and background characters for an average movie goer. I think an animated movie like the Ultimate Avengers would be a better route to go. Either way it would be a sweet show if done right.

Cool! This sounds like a great idea... but as it was said earlier, I think it should be a tie-in to both Iron Man and Captain America. Make the Captain America movie a period piece and have it end with his being frozen... or being found frozen...

And then you don't have to worry about the origins of either character. As long as you have those two in check, the rest can be just touched upon.

DarkArtist81 said:
Cool! This sounds like a great idea... but as it was said earlier, I think it should be a tie-in to both Iron Man and Captain America. Make the Captain America movie a period piece and have it end with his being frozen... or being found frozen...

And then you don't have to worry about the origins of either character. As long as you have those two in check, the rest can be just touched upon.

And then they can fight with eachother at the end of the avengers movie to set up the civil war moive, which will bring all of the marvel movie characters together :D

Buttmunch said:
And then they can fight with eachother at the end of the avengers movie to set up the civil war moive, which will bring all of the marvel movie characters together :D

Oh man do I ever wish.... I would LOOOOVE to see that. Hugh Jackman and Co. back as the X-Men, Tobey as Spidey, Iron Man, Capt America..... It would make for quite the dramatic saga on film.

If only we could be so lucky. :monkey2

yup. i say, take their time and maybe even split the film in a trilogy or more. I would rather wait for 2 years and watch a great film than wait for 1 year and watch a crappy film.

I do not see them forcing out movies, just to put them out there..............but, if so the market would be flooded already. I have been wrong before.

Sure there have been mishaps..........cough cough Elektra and somewhat DD and Hulk cough cough.............

I thought FF was at least watchable...........it was a great set up film..............and I thought X3 was alright, sure it is not true to the comics and in some ways, introduced way to many new characters............but I thought it was entertaining.............

Although I see the news as good news, I am afraid that an Avengers movie will not be as good. The Avengers are a team and the interest part is to see them interact as different beings and use their powers against foes or to help others. Sadly the time available for showing this in a movie and trying to keep a flow in the story is not something that can be easy done.
Look at X-Men, they always focus on one or two characters and the rest of the team is just there as support, I am afraid that will be happening to the Avengers since ALL of them are power players in the team and not necessarily less interesting characters.
I agree a 100% that the stories of each one of the characters should be known first, I know a lot of people in the world doesn't know Thor, Captain America, Iron Man and much less Ant Man or the Wasp even less that a creature like Hulk could it be one of the first Avengers.
In any case if they do a movie what do you think, will it be about the last Avengers or about the first avengers (with their original costumes).

Back