Kevin Smith to direct a HORROR movie ....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
What do you think HORROR fans??? Can he scare us? :mummy

READ MORE:

It’s the sort of announcement that gives fans pause. Like Eli Roth announcing his next film will be a fluffy rom-com starring Kate Beckinsale and a basket of puppies. Or Cameron Crowe tackling a music-free trip into a hellish dimension where nobody ever smiles. But Kevin Smith considering a horror movie? Surely one to top them all.

It’s true, though – the man forever linked with Silent Bob has announced that he wants to make a horror film next. Bearing in mind that he’s been known to change his mind occasionally (Clerks II officially put paid to the “no more View Askewniverse movies” statement), and has at least one other possible option in sci-fi action comedy Ranger Danger bubbling away in his brain.

Yet answering fan questions at a screening of the original Clerks in New Jersey this week, he seemed to be heavily into the horror idea. “Yes, I am doing a horror movie next. It's called Jersey Girl 2. No, I'm kidding, but yes, I am doing a horror next. It’s going to be straight horror. I feel after seven comedies it’s time to take a left turn and do a straight up different movie, in this case horror.” So what can we expect from a Kevin Smith trip to gore territory? “It’s gonna have all of the horror you'd expect, blood and guts...and tits. No, no, no, not that, I'm talkin' about man tits. What's so bad about man tits? I have tits! They're sexy! And hairy...” Oh, thanks for that image. Again.

Just don’t expect him to be stepping on to the set next week. He’s planning to take a break between films as usual. “It wouldn't be for a year or two. I just got done makin’ a movie. I'm not rushing into another. Probably two years."

Sounds enticing. Except for the man boob bit. But then he was kidding. Wasn’t he? Kevin? Put them away!

I'm confused...aren't all of Kevin Smith's films horror movies? Oh, Nevermind, they're just HorrIBLE movies. My bad. Seriously though, Kevin Smith's claim to fame was his run on Daredevil for Marvel comics. Everything else he either leaves half way done...even if he finishes it.:lol

I'll be interested to see what he does..... I LOVED what he did on Daredevil and Green Arrow, so I know he can do the serious stuff. It will probably be a bit more "wordy" than most horror movies, but that might be a good thing. I'll give him a chance. I'd actually be interested to know what the nightmares of Kevin Smith look like. :cool:

It will only be good if those overrated Jay and Silent Bob charactes are slashed and hacked in it.

I can't see why people bash him. His movies are a riot.
Not to mention, on a toy board, Kevin Smith is pretty much a rich and famous version of us.

don_of_the_dead said:
Not to mention, on a toy board, Kevin Smith is pretty much a rich and famous version of us.

Damn straight! He's the ultimate geek icon! The fanboy who got famous! :cool:

He's the geeky male Cinderella story..... what's not to like?

don_of_the_dead said:

No kidding....I love Clerks, Chasing Amy, and Jay and Silent Bob. I haven't seen Clerks II but the only reason is that I will probably own the DVD anyways. Why is everyone so down on him? Don is right. He is just the Hollywood version of us. For that reason alone, I like him. Have you ever seen an interview with him? He is hilarious!!!

Cheers,

Brad

Well I respect your opinions guys, his movies are very much catering to one specific audience. But I've liked them all so far, even Jersey Girl, despite the Bennifer thing.

His films are a little rough, especially Dogma, and sometimes they can be waaaay too silly. But they are fun and engaging. At least to me.

I think he's a better writer than a director, but still good enough for me to like his movies. At least he's not as horrible as Eli Roth...:yuck

drbrad1975 said:
No kidding....I love Clerks, Chasing Amy, and Jay and Silent Bob. I haven't seen Clerks II but the only reason is that I will probably own the DVD anyways. Why is everyone so down on him? Don is right. He is just the Hollywood version of us. For that reason alone, I like him. Have you ever seen an interview with him? He is hilarious!!!

Cheers,

Brad

i saw Clerk II last weeks and I must say it's as good as the first! You should definetely go see it! The dialogue is just awesome!

I'm just not sure what to expect. I mean, he is a great writer and probably the biggest nerd next to Singer and Tarantino. But, I just don't know. Its like Rob Zombie directing a comedy. I don't know...

DarkArtist81 said:
Well I respect your opinions guys, his movies are very much catering to one specific audience. But I've liked them all so far, even Jersey Girl, despite the Bennifer thing.

His films are a little rough, especially Dogma, and sometimes they can be waaaay too silly. But they are fun and engaging. At least to me.

I think he's a better writer than a director, but still good enough for me to like his movies. At least he's not as horrible as Eli Roth...:yuck

Damn right! Kevin Smith is awesome, and yes Eli Roth sucks, man does he ever.

I'm still waiting on his Fletch movies and Clerks cartoon movie... Anyway, nothing can be worse than Jersey Girl and Clerks II.

Back