Marvel Minimates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone here collect this? I'm thinking on starting to collect these (since there is a HT draugh) :panic:
any advice? comments?

I do collect them. My advice is not to. If you think Hot Toys is plastic crack. . .

Some of mine:

DSCN2641-1.jpg

Does anyone here collect this? I'm thinking on starting to collect these (since there is a HT draugh) :panic:
any advice? comments?

I collect them.

They are neat. But they make a ton of them. If you're a completest it can get expensive. Especially if you try to buy older sets.

Well it depends on which older sets you are referring to. Many older figures can be purchased for less than new figures released. But exclusives and some of the harder to find/more popular figures are obviously more expensive (Toys R Us Stealth Iron Man/Tony Stark, Giant Sized X-Men, the Man with No Name sets, etc.). Price is a problem in general though IMO. 2-packs retail for $8 at Toys R Us now. With tax added that's a bit steep for 2 mini-figures. The SDCC 4-packs retail for $20, so that's $5 a piece before shipping or taxes, even though there are some awesome ones serious Minimate collectors will have to own in the Thundercats and Alpha Flight.

Wow that is an amazing collection! I might have to start trading my Hot toys for minimates LMAO.
Im heading out to Target now, see what good stuff I find there.
I am thinking on buying some MVC3 4packs as well as the Thundercats SDCC.... if you guys can, post some pics of yours minimates collections.
I am really noob in this subject so if there is a website or pictures or something I can go by to know each figure released (like a checklist or catalog) that would help me greately.

I'm not sure that I collect them, but I have some. I just pick up minimates of some caractors I like, I have some marvel, capcom, and the expendibles. There cute but I'm not that into them, there kinda like toys for my 1:6 minime's collection:lol I would buy a couple here and there but they don't wow me or make me want to collect them all.

I used to collect them up until a couple of years ago. It started with buying 100 of them on ebay, it was a great deal. But then I thought 'hey I've already got all of these, I'm only missing 20 to complete a full run....' and that sort of doomed me. I probably have a thousand of these things. It even got to the point where I started bashing my own. Thankfully, I'm over that now. :)

Lets not even start talking about Medicom Kubricks, I had the exact same problem with those and those ARE expensive.

I've been collecting Minimates for years. I've got a ton and I build little dioramas and take pictures (nothing I'm willing to show though, out of sheer embarrassment).

I mostly collect the Star Trek and other Sci-Fi minimates (BSG, Terminator, Resident Evil, etc.), but I do have a fair collection of Marvel and DC minimates that numbers into the 50's or 60's. It can get quite addictive, quick!!!

My best advice would be to collect what you have a passion for out of the line. There's so many licenses and properties that Minimates covers, you could drive yourself mad trying to collect them all.

Toys R' Us and Comic shops are your two best places for finding them retail, but eBay and Amazon will be your hot spots. You can find discontinued 2 packs on Amazon pretty cheap. It was where I cleaned house and bought up as many Star Trek minimates as I could for Army Building (did I mention Minimates are fun to get doubles of and start customizing them for certain series **Star Trek For Me**), thus the dioramas...

Just have fun with it dude!

I've bought a number of them. I don't follow them actively, but I do check them out when I'm in TRU or the LCS.

I only have 8 from the avengers movie line.
They are great in my opinion and are pretty cheap too!
I am missing Fury, Loki, Widow and Hawkeye but I think these are exclusives...

I decided to sell my minimates collection. All I have are in unopened boxes. I have almost 1000 Figures. Including exclusives, 2 packs, 4 packs, Toys R Us sets. Pm me if you're intested in an big purchase of the entire collection. I can send you a list of exactly what I have.

I just started getting some of these! Great if you are looking for specific characters. I'm a nova fan and figures are limited. Bought the last couple of the sets with the new nova and the nova centurion. Without researching the figures was very surprised to find multiple helmets with the new nova and an alternate head for the centurion! I like the surprise as they only show the base figure on the packs!

I used to collect these, the 3.75", and 6" Marvel figures, before moving up to Hot Toys. Now it's just minimates and Hot Toys. I can't give up on the little guys. Diamond does an amazing job with them.

Back