Wasteland:The Apocalyptic Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SepticFlesh

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been watching the movie "the Book of Eli" and absolutely love this movie...so much so that I (like a dork) wear the same exact model of Oakley's Denzel Washington wears throughout the movie. They are Oakley Inmates and kick ass.:) I was hoping it was based on a graphic novel but turns out it is not.
I did come across a graphic novel that looks amazing which has a "Post Apocalyptic" theme to it called: "Wasteland:The Apocalyptic Edition" which has 2 volumes and are both hard cover versions.
It has been a while since I have gotten into graphic novels but am looking to get into a nice post apocalyptic based graphic novel.

Anyone ever read this one? It has very high ratings so it is definately pretty popular among graphic novels.
The first volume: I believe it is the first 13 comics is pretty expensive like close to $100.00 but the second volume is much cheaper.
I am seriously thinking about purchasing the first volume...just hoping anyone here has read any of these.

I read most of the first run of issues as they were coming out a few years ago. I actually probably still have them if you wanted to buy the individual issues instead of the collected hardcover. Of course I can understand if you want the one volume. I have become quite a collector of only the hardcovers lately of the best works in graphic fiction I can locate, especially when signed now. This after almost 30 years, and 5000 individual comics...

Anyway, yes, I remember this being a great read, and beautiful as well. :D

I read most of the first run of issues as they were coming out a few years ago. I actually probably still have them if you wanted to buy the individual issues instead of the collected hardcover. Of course I can understand if you want the one volume. I have become quite a collector of only the hardcovers lately of the best works in graphic fiction I can locate, especially when signed now. This after almost 30 years, and 5000 individual comics...

Anyway, yes, I remember this being a great read, and beautiful as well. :D

Nah not interested in the individual comic books but thanks for the offer. Yes I do prefer having a nice hard cover 300 plus page graphic novel...just seems so much cooler to read them and view them that way.

I'll probably pick up both volumes especially since the second one is only like $24.00
I have not read any graphic novels in a while I have since went back to reading regular novels...but one graphic novel that I really got into was "Preacher". Talk about some sick stuff those 2 Artists were into (can't remember the names off hand something like Garth and Ennis? In person they both look like a couple of perverted creepos who are not happy with their lives,lol...at least that is the impression I got when I met them at a signing)...

...anyway I can't wait to check these comics out I have always had a huge love for post apocalyptic films such as the Mad Max series, and I also have a passion for post apocalyptic games like Rage, and have about 8 months played into "Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition"...I am not a complete video game loser it just became one of those games I would play for a few hours before I would go to sleep at night.
"the Book of Eli" reminds me alot about Fallout 3 and I was hoping to find a good long graphic novel with a nice post apocalyptic feel to it.

This looks like the one to go with for sure.

I also have a huge comic book collection, I collected for about 10 years. I started when the first "Spawn" comics came out and collected all the crazy ones such as "the Max" and a huge amount of both Macfarlane and Marvel comics for that matter.
Just got tired of them and decided to quit.
What sucks is all of my comics are not worth anymore than what I paid for them. So I guess I'll just hold onto them but since graphic novels were introduced...I can enjoy reading comics again both because many are rated R big time and also because there are zero adds which seems to be on every other page on newer comic books.

I scored a new still sealed Volume 1 copy of "Wasteland: the Apocalyptic Edition" deluxe hardcover edition for $25.00 :) ...in fact Amazon still has the same deal for this graphic novel which is a far better price from what everyone else is asking.
I see this on Amazon anywhere from around $130.00 all the way up to $1000.00 For some reason EBay only has volume 2 available at least that one only goes for about $25.00 new.

Insane!! This must be one amazing graphic novel for the prices many are asking for this. I do not know when I will be receiving I got free shipping from Amazon it could be a Month or more...no problem I still have Sandman and the rest of Preacher to hold me over for quite a while. :)

I scored a new still sealed Volume 1 copy of "Wasteland: the Apocalyptic Edition" deluxe hardcover edition for $25.00 :) ...in fact Amazon still has the same deal for this graphic novel which is a far better price from what everyone else is asking.
I see this on Amazon anywhere from around $130.00 all the way up to $1000.00 For some reason EBay only has volume 2 available at least that one only goes for about $25.00 new.

Insane!! This must be one amazing graphic novel for the prices many are asking for this. I do not know when I will be receiving I got free shipping from Amazon it could be a Month or more...no problem I still have Sandman and the rest of Preacher to hold me over for quite a while. :)

Son of a bi#*h!! I knew something was up when I saw that amazon had the first volume for only $25.00 and everyone else even used offers go all the way up to $900.00

Amazon emailed me and said they are out of stock and being that the new stock will be updated with a new price I will now have to pay $900.00 or whatever this outlandish price is.
Well...amazon had this in stock when I placed the order? I think Amazon caught onto the jacked up prices everyone else is asking for this graphic novel and may have lied and said they were out of stock so that they could do the same.:mad:

I will eventually purchase this particular graphic Novel but it will not be a new copy heck no there is no graphic novel in the world worth anything near darn near a grand to me.

Back