QMX 1:6 Codex statue from The Guild

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star Puffs

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I am surprised no one started this thread. I have wanted a Felicia Day figure and this will have to do for now.

From QMX:

Our Favorite Avatar

QMx is proud to present our first one-sixth scale realistic figure: the flirty, confident Codex, portrayed by Felicia Day in the popular Web comedy series, The Guild.

The QMx Real™ Codex 1:6 Scale Figure stands more than 11 inches tall and is composed of more than 3 pounds of hand-cast polystone, allowing for a level of detail and realism unachievable in smaller-scale figures. Our figure depicts Codex, the in-game persona of shy geek girl Cyd Sherman, who leads an online gaming guild known as the Knights of Good.

Our Codex figure is modeled on the character from the mega-hit music video, "Do you Wanna Date My Avatar?" that's amassed more than 20 million views on YouTube. Using hi-res photographs of Ms. Day in her Codex costume taken during the video shoot, every detail has been reproduced, from the stones and gold trim on her red corset to the green orb atop her staff. We even included a chest of gold treasure that can be opened or closed.

Using detailed turnarounds of Ms. Day's head that were shot specifically for the creation of this statue, we first digitally sculpted a full facial model in 1:1 scale, then brought it down to 1:6 scale where it was 3-D printed and mastered, ensuring maximum accuracy and realism.

This magnificent leader of The Guild in her cream, red and gold minidress with staff and treasure chest is offered in a 500-piece limited edition. Each figure is individually numbered and comes with a certificate of authenticity. A beguiling fan favorite for $179.95.

QMX link.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

*I know The Guild is not technically a Whedon property, but it just feels right to put it here given Felicia Day's Whedonverse pedigree. If people object a mod can always move it to the general or video game sections.

It is my favorite statue that they have done thus far. I think it's great! I saw Felicia posing with it at Con.

I have to say that's a pretty disappointing likeness, all the blather about digital sculpting etc aside.

The real Ms. Day has actual cheekbones in the video this is based on, the nose isn't even close to the right shape (Felicia's nostrils have a very pronounced downward slope towards the tip of her nose). her eyebrows are not that heavy, nor do the extend that far towards the center.

And beyond all that, they do a figure from a video with much singing, dancing, smiling and generally hamming it up, and they choose a static pose and a constipated looking expression?

Blah... :pfft:

Love the YouTube, and comics of the Guild.

The statue is not as good as I had hoped, but still better than a lot of what is put out.

I will certainly buy one.:)

Now just the rest of the cast. Tink, Zaboo, Vork, Bladezz, and Clara.

What does this have to do with Joss Whedon?

Felicia Day is one of Joss' core players. She was the nerdy slayer in the last season of Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and she was the lead love interest, Penny, in Joss and Jed Whedon's Dr. Horrible. She was also in the two-part post-series, post-apocalyptic episodes of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse.

There are plenty of other actors among Joss's "core players" (apparently appearing in 3 episodes of his tv shows and Dr. Horrible makes you a core player) who have much more high profile projects whose merchandise doesn't get its own thread.
This was in no way at all a Whedon production. I don't see how it belongs here.

3 episodes? The entire last season of Buffy. That's more episodes than the actors in Firefly.

Haters gotta hate, but Felicia Day is part of the core Whedon group, as much as Nathan Fillion.

And if you need another Whedon connection, the music for "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar", from which this exact statue was made, was by Jed Whedon.

Last edited:
3 episodes? The entire last season of Buffy. That's more episodes than the actors in Firefly.

Haters gotta hate, but Felicia Day is part of the core Whedon group, as much as Nathan Fillion.

And if you need another Whedon connection, the music for "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar", from which this exact statue was made, was by Jed Whedon.

:exactly:

I am really surprised someone came to complain about this after it was up for a week. I would think people would welcome it here, given this section was almost closed down.

Don't worry about it. He's very good at this kind of thing, just let him rant and move on. I am glad you put the thread in here SP.

Back