Fantastic 4 diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitchin

Red Five
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1875&source=081006news

081006four_01.jpg
081006four_02.jpg
081006four_03.jpg

Last edited:
Just to be clear before the questions start rollin' in... this is not a diorama in the Marvel 'VS' series - it's a character diorama of all the members of the Fantastic 4 :duff

(edited for content :))

Last edited:
It looks like the artwork it is based on is from the Mike Wieringo run not too long ago! Pretty cool!

I'm REALLY liking the look of this. As good as sold.

As I'm looking at it, if you look at the bottom of The Thing, it seems as if Johnny is making some of kind blaze trail around the characters. Me likey. Making the flames look convincing may be trickiy, but I think they did a great job for Ghost Rider.

SideshowDusty said:
Just to be clear before the questions start rollin' in... this is not a diorama in the Marvel 'VS' series - it's a character diorama of all the members of the Fantastic 4 :duff
is their an exclusive light up human torch pleaaase dusty.
im so jumping up and down with excitement at the moment.
brilliant news.

This looks pretty damn cool, just not sure I'm a big enough fan to order this.

gambit said:
why they did not sculpt invisible woman as partially invisible, I mean clear like phasing vision and / or fathom clear moore statue?

that could be an exclusive option?

gambit said:
why they did not sculpt invisible woman as partially invisible, I mean clear like phasing vision and / or fathom clear moore statue?

I don't think you can make polystone clear. It would have to be some sort of plastic or glass. I was thinking the same thing when I saw this.

Color me less than enthused for this offering. I would have preferred a more classic look for the first family of marvel. Most horrid are the shiney outfits Reed and Sue are sporting in this rendition. Can we see Sue doing something? Maybe an outstretched transparent hand or rising up on a transparent platform. Anywhere but sitting on the back of the Thing. There is also no focus to where the characters are looking. Up, down, left, right. Pales before the excellent jobs done on the VS series so far.

love it. great composition.

esp like Thing's sculpt, even though it looks more like dried river bed than rock. It works

SideshowDusty said:

(edited for content :))

But can completists in the VS. diorama line still feel compelled to get this one, too?

Back