Luke and Leia Faux Bronze Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
One of the Sideshow "Collect For Life" eBay auctions, apparently from an edition of 75.

This detailed, highly limited edition of 75 pieces worldwide will NOT be for sale to the public but was designed as a ‘Gift Edition’ for our corporate partners and select long-time collectors. This diorama has a hand finished, classic faux bronze paint technique and immortalizes the scene from Star Wars: A New Hope, where Luke and Leia are trapped on the blast door ledge by the retracting bridge.

I must admit that I am pretty jealous of whatever "select long-time collectors" made the cut. There can't have been too many. Pretty rare piece.

Anybody have any idea when these were given out? This was the first I'd seen or heard of this piece.

img1623.png

img1624.png

img1625.png

img1626.png

Anyone else see the thread title and wonder if Sideshow had decided to Immortalize the incest scene in Bronze ?

Interesting that they would make something this limited. Would love to see a non-faux bronze version.

Thought maybe, and felt I read it this way, that these were exclusive as gifts to vendors and dealers that have helped Sideshow along the way to being the successful Collectibles company they are today.

Nice piece though, for sure, if only a bit on the small side.

When I saw this auction, my eyes popped out, wondering how I could have missed this. Then I read the part you posted, and also wondered who these lucky long-time collectors were (Lonnie came to mind). But what Fury posted makes sense. At least, that's how I'll try to justify it in my brain. Like Waller, I'd love to see a non-faux bronze version of this... Unfortunately, can't afford to bid the big bucks on this auction...

Back