Removing the Tattoos from HT Barney Ross body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
acetone.jpg

Ski

I used super degooper from WalMart to take the tattos off a Whiplash figure. Just put some on one of my wife;s makeup remover pads and rubbed softly til it came off.

Another alternative is making the Muscular body look bigger. I just did this myself when I was working on my Jayne Cobb custom and wanted to give him a bit of a gut without shelling out the cash for a Barney Ross body. Was super easy. All I did was wrap the ab area with some masking tape and molded it a bit until it looked natural. Worked real well. If you want I can post pics.

Here are a couple pics. Keep in mind the custom is unfinished, but you can see how I got the Barney Ross body look by simply wrapping up the torso a bit.

IMG_1394.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

I personally would not use Acetone, it can eat away at some plastics. I would use 99% Alcohol and soak some tissue wih it and leave it over the tattoo's for 20mins or more. The use the tissue to wipe the tattoo off, it may take a it of effort and a few soakings but at least it's guranteed not to damage to plastic.

Why not? He wants the body for max Payne and he does not have tattoos. One of the beautiful things about this hobby are all the avenues available out there to get things just right. I keep a library of all different types of bodies you never know when the right one will be exactly what you need. I've had bodies not used for years then one day it comes in handy perfectly.

Me personally I swear by goof off.it can eat things too but generally it's the perfect strength without much, if any erosion.

Back