What is your rarest/most valuable collectors item?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertoBagg10

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just really curious to see if any collectors out there have any extremely rare pieces (movie props/statues/comics/etc...) in their collection that they would consider as being extremely valuable and sought after in todays market. Or do you own a piece in your collection that has an extremely low limited edition size of how ever many made worldwide? For example, one of my rarest pieces would have to be the Gold Plated Darth Vader FX Lightsaber by Master Replica which only 50 were made worldwide. What makes this saber even rarer is that these 50 that were made were never released for public sale and instead were sent out as a gift to head chiefs at large toy companies/retailers that had helped Master replica achieve their selling targets of over one million lightsabers, hence it comes in an exclusive commemorative box with a signed letter and plaque. In my lifetime i have only ever seen 2 in person, the first time i had to miss out due to the price (this was infact later sold to a russian businessman :pfft:) the second time, after doing my best to get put through to the right contacts, i managed to find another which was completely sealed and brand new in its shipping box. This time i wasnt about to let it slip through my hands and so i decided to purchase it (co-incidently mine belonged to a head chief at Toys R Us). Over the past few years i have seen this go for over $1500 on eBay and other various online auction sites, however i have actually been offered over $5000 for my Vader Lightsaber but have decided for the time being at least not to sell. If you have an extremely rare collectors item it would be great to hear about and the story behind how you got your hands on it.

As mentioned earlier, this item can be a statue, comic, movie prop, etc... although as an avid collector of statues (mainly Sideshow and Enterbay) it would be very interesting to hear on this forum what you guys believe to be the rarest/most valuable statue out there....as a guess i would assume anything from the Dr. Doom, Grey Hulk PF, Optimus Prime Maquette?????
:hi5:

Probably the Cinemaquette Predator or the Sideshow EX Predator maquette. Whichever one of those is rarer/more valuable.

In all honesty, I don't know. But I don't believe I own anything that's over $1000 (collectibles that is, my tv more than doubles that). So I can't really say. I guess it's more in the eyes of the beholder. What is the market at at that time.

I have no idea what it's worth, but I have a Ceramic E.T. Bust Bank. It was given to me by my grandfather in 1983. I have never seen another one and there is no makers mark anywhere on it. If I were to put it's size in scale terms I'd say it was about 1/2 scale.

Probably the one of the few things I own that I would never sell.

I'd imagine that anything Star Wars related that goes back to the early 80's would be quite valuable....then again, i'd imagine some special edition comics being worth a few pennies...

Sealed Spider-Man number 1 by Todd McFarlane. It is super rare. Could be worth $5,000. Who knows?

Not this one right?

51so9ErfE-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I would never pay over $2000 for a Star Wars item unless it was a screen used prop like a Stormtrooper/Scout/Snowtrooper or other OT trooper helmet, or blaster or armor part or even a studio scale. For any replica $2000 is my highest price.

Aside from my sideshow patient zero PFF, I'd probably have to say my Dave Rapoza ninja turtles print set. Only 45 sets were printed

Back