What's your purchasing habit like?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omegaglory1

Super Freak
Reaction score
So how often do you all buy new figures for your collection? Or is it unpredictable and more of a spur of the moment thing?

These 1/6 scale figures are becoming addictive. I've only recently started with Keaton Batman, Mark VI Iron Man and SS Boba Fett. I already have my sights on the Terminator 2 line, Mark V Iron Man and casual Bruce Lee.

Feel free not to answer if you have a disapproving partner who may visit this forum!

At first I was buying every cool figure I found. I definitely could not keep up that pace and also didn't like how it looked displayed. I then cut down to Batman and Spider-man with a little Terminator mixed in.

On that note, I am selling my Terminator figures now...if your interested, pm me!

I'm very selective / focused & run a tight budget, so I only buy the pieces I REALLY want.

I have a modest 'master list', & I'm not going beyond that. :)

when i first got into collecting last year, i was buying everything that i liked/ thought looked cool which was out at the time , now i own everything that i liked a lot of my things are on pre-order and i don't buy anything much so its just a case of paying bits at a time now with the money i would of used to buy figures

instead of buying things all the time..its gotten to the waiting game stage for release date for me now

I'm kinda of an impulse kinda guy and bought alot of things over the years cause I thought it looked cool. but now with shelf space being so limited and a flood of cool figures and products coming out I'm being more selective. lots of spawn figures sitting in drawers cause I have better things to display. hell I still have some arkham city and bioshock figures in mib cause I don't know where to place them

Insane i'd call it!! I like so much stuff and often I might not be 'into' a particular movie or licence but if if the figure looks good i'll buy it which means just about everything is fair game.

Lately i've been trying to cut down and have found myself going for the likes of Brother Production/ CM Toys and such as they have a great sellection of interesting figures.
And of course i'm also one of those people that said ' I only need one predator' and now cannot survive life unless I get everyone possible.

I've been insane since last fall. Once I finish my HT Avengers, I'm looking to cut back to Star Wars, Dr. Who (If Big Chief comes through,) and the occasional HT DX one-shots.

While I'm not a diehard fan of a particular license, I do enjoy numerous sci fi movies and there are quite a few licenses out there I like. So if the right figure comes along I'll go for it, though I won't necessarily buy every figure in a given license.

While I was a student I spent little apart from the essentials, and for a while after becoming a pharmacist the same happened. When I realised I had money in my bank account I started splashing. While I'm nowhere near running into debt yet, I've gone a little insane and need a budget to stop me buying everything damn thing that comes my way.

So my rough budget is £240 a month ($375) on books, comics and of course collectibles. I could go for a while month at times without buying anything. I try to tell myself that if I buy another figure this month I should deduct from another months' budget. On the other hand, if I'm good and have money left over from a previous month I could buy another toy. What an optimistic outlook...

I purchase based on mob mentality. If the majority of the post are favorable, I will buy. If the majority of the post are unfavorable, I pass. Any uncertainty I listen to EF.

I'm very selective / focused & run a tight budget, so I only buy the pieces I REALLY want.

Pretty much sums up my style as well. Im certainly not a "completist" so I dont need to have every single piece from a particular license to be satisfied. I usually just go for the main protagonist in their most iconic or well known representation (Red & Blue Spidey over Black Spidey etc.). The only exception being the '89 Batman & Joker. That Joker is the only villain I own & probably will ever own.

Like most members here I buy what I like. Doesn't really matter if it's limited or not.

122.jpg

Just HT Preds & 1/12 3A. I used to collect everything which looked cool but that sort of habit can get a bit out of control & did so I just collect from my favourite line.

Venn diagram ... buy the items in the intersection of "crap that looks good", "crap I want", and "crap I can afford".

SnakeDoc

I only collect Hot Toys and NECA products. I am very selective with both. For NECA I collect and keep them on card. I have no desire to open them.
For Hot Toys I keep them one per shelf in my Detolf’s. I don’t like the look of two or more (makes them look affordable). So I have no interest in multiply Predators, Aliens etc. One is enough to capture the essence. I won't do secondary characters (ie. Angleica to my Jack Sparrow) As I feel it will demote JS.

And I also don't collect Comic figures (ie. Spiderman, Avengers, Dark Knight) Although I do own Jack Nicholson Joker and waiting for Penguin....:pray:

Back