Green Lantern PF needs to be fixed - Yes/No?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Green Lantern PF need to be tweaked?

• YES

Votes: 145 77.5%
  • NO

Votes: 42 22.5%

• Total voters

TheMadTitan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Lots of collectors (including me) think that the abs of Hal Jordan GL PF needs to be toned down a bit as well as the glossy black paint needs to convert to the non glossy black. What do you guys think? Please vote and let Sideshow know what we want with the Green Lantern PF! :hi5:

DSC_0558.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

My favorite GL artist - Ethan Van Sciver
ethan-van-sciver-green-lantern-4.jpg

434674-greenlanternii_09.jpg

GreenLanternRebirthCv2.jpg

222585-128605-hal-jordan.jpg

The pose only really looks cool at the angle we see in the first picture, and even then it is a bit awkward. It is not dynamic enough. It is like they were reluctant to make it go from passive to dynamic so they stuck him somewhere in between.

But the matte finish on the black and then redone abs are really doable changes that would make the statue look much better.

IMO I would like it to be consistent with the Batman and Superman PF, cloth costume! I recently saw the DCD 1/4 scale Green Lantern and I think it looks much better.

I think they need to go back to the drawing board with the pose. The base is cool.

The pose only really looks cool at the angle we see in the first picture, and even then it is a bit awkward. It is not dynamic enough. It is like they were reluctant to make it go from passive to dynamic so they stuck him somewhere in between.

Yeah from that one pic the pose looks great but from the SDCC pics he looks pretty awkward from the other angles.

But the matte finish on the black and then redone abs are really doable changes that would make the statue look much better.

Lots of collectors (including me) think that the abs of Hal Jordan GL PF needs to be toned down a bit as well as the glossy black paint needs to convert to the non glossy black.

Agreed about the matte black portions and the abs toned down. Nice pics TMT.

The light up looks great tho'.

Tone down the abs and reduce the width of his neck(it too thick)... matte black paint would be fine dont need cloth suit... then i would think about getting him

I think if SSC uses the same black material as Bucky PF, this would have made it so much better. Regardless, this will be ordered

imho, major changes need to be made to this sculpt before i consider buying it

abs are ridiculous
neck area is awful
gloss MUST go
pose is awkward
doesn't match up with Bats and Supes
still not convinced this is 1/4

imo...scrap it and start again...i'm willing to wait

I've posted my concerns in the other thread but I will repost them here if this has a chance to be seen by Sideshow and possible changes could be made.

First there small tweeks that I feel need to be made to the sculpt of the statue.
1. His upper arms, specifically his biceps seem to be oddly misshapen
2. The curvature of his forearms is odd and at different angles throw the entire pose off.
3. His neck seems to thicken as it moves towards his trapezius muscles.
4. His hands seem to be elongated at some angles and look as if they do not fit his arms.
5. His quadriceps and other thigh muscles look to be nothing more than a maze of strange lumps that give his legs no real definition.

I think if these things were addressed it would give the over-all sculpt a much more cohesive look and bring the pieces together. As mention by the other members of the board I also think that if the abs were slightly less pronounced this also would add to the composition of the statue.

The paint application is also a glaring flaw. While I still think the metallic gloss look of the green can work, if maybe toned down, the black makes the statue strange and I think takes away from the green elements. To fix this I also agree with others here, either a flat black paint application or even a fabric element would serve to give piece an a much better look.

And if a member if Sideshow Collectibles were to read my little diatribe here and take these things into consideration I have this to say,

The reason I point these things out is because I'm a huge fan of DC comics and Green Lantern. My entire plan once the DC line was announced was to collect most of the Batman family and his villains but also to collect a set of Justice League Premium Format Figures and some of their villains. After seeing the care and effort that has gone into the Joker, Batman, Poison Ivy and Superman figures in this line I was impressed and felt that I would have no problem devoting my money to doing just that.

However, seeing this Green Lantern Figure has now made me think twice about it. Perhaps I'll only collect certain things now and fore go spending as much money as I would have. Which I thin is unfortunate for both of us as neither of us gets what we want.

I hope I haven't ranted too long, Thanks for having an open forum that we can all express our concerns in.

Green Lantern is one of my favorite heroes so I'll be picking this up. He did turn out the worst of the Sideshow Lineup though.

- Black Parts of the Costume doesn't need to be shiny
- Abs are too much
- Head looks out of proportion with body
- Smaller in size comparison. I'd like to see him next to Joker or Poision Ivy

Why is it that nobody can do Hal Jordan correctly? Overall, this statue felt rushed. It looks more like a Bowen Piece

I do like the details of the face and construct though.

*Has SSC actually ever modified a piece after the prototype was released? The only one I can think of was Rogue's Butt*

You know what is surprising me? I think this piece is sculpted by the master Tim Bruckner??? He is one of the best of the bests out there..

Neck and shoulder area looks too thick. The glossy black bothers me and I'd prefer a cloth outfit, which would cover the extreme definition of the abs (or SSC should tone down the abs).

this absolutely needs to be changed. he would be dead last on any list when compared to batman, superman, joker and poison ivy.

Back