Hasbro "Vintage Style" Star Wars 12 inch line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro star wars 12 inch line

well looking at SSC's prices they've probably relised there is space for it again in the lower $ range of the market. Hell if the prices go up more we'll all be going back to hasbro's

well some of there stuff was very usable to begin with, so........bashers should be happy...........:)

There might be a mass stampede for Vader helmets again, going off the current climate with a lot of folks around here. :lol

I never bought any 12" Hasbro figures, but if there's some that are cool.. why not. :dunno :lol

From Rebelscum:

'New 12" figures! Cost around $14. Coming Spring 2013: Darth Vader, Episode III Anakin, Clone Trooper, Episode III Obi-Wan. These will have a vintage quality in terms of sculpt and articulation. Most accessories molded right into their hands.'

Hmm... accessories moulded into their hands? "Vintage quality" in terms of sculpt and articulation? $14???

You never know though - the new limited articulation Luke Bespin (from three pack with Boba and Vader) is one of the coolest figures Hasbro has done in a while, despite the basic "vintage" articulation. And the Indy 12" figures from 4 years ago were pretty decent for around $20.

Hmm, I could see it being handy for some displays where filler type characters might be useful (e.g., Cantina or Jabba palace). That way, the focus can be on the Sideshow 'hero' figures but you can fill up the scene a bit more with the Hasbro riff-raff in the back. :p

You never know though - the new limited articulation Luke Bespin (from three pack with Boba and Vader) is one of the coolest figures Hasbro has done in a while, despite the basic "vintage" articulation.
Agreed!

That Luke figure is very nicely done, & the lack of odd ball joints just helps that too.

Good point with the riff raff filler idea too Sol.. :wink1:

Some of the later old ones were surprisingly good. If they're a step up they could be very useful. There is a limit to how many hundred dollar figures we can all buy. A mix of SS and Hasbro Clones or Stormtroopers together might look pretty good!

The latest pic going around, shows them to be retro styled - the pic shown is of a Phase1 clone.

Not interested. :lol

Where????? "Retro styled" sounds promising...

Think Kenner action figures. Maybe they'll be a nice PT complement to GG jumbo vintage.

IMG_7818.JPG

I understand the appeal of scaling up the old Kenner figures - & these PT ones would certainly be cool complimentary pieces in that context, but I don't like the idea - or want any of the figures - GG, or these..

sounds pretty awful. I would have loved to see what Hasbro could do with an improved 12" line. Their 3 3/4" line is way better than it was in 2006 so I would think they would have a better 12" line if they desired. The prospect of Hasbro producing something equal to their Amidala Collection for around $75 would be awesome.

Back