True Type figures-Why are they so expensive???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

averagejo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Why are they soooo expensive?

I've been on eBay looking for some TT's , and IMO they are kinda
expensive for just being a plain plastic body. I thought about making a custom, but with the prices, I'm not sure now, especially being an amature.

Are there any other decent alternatives?

I saw some on Amazon between 50.00 and up to 200.00!

Thanks for the link. Like I said, I'd like to try a custom...but don't want to spend a wad of cash on something that might turn out like crap, you know what I mean?

There are loads of 1/6 bodies on eBay, but the Truetype has become so popular because of the articulation and design (looks close to a real human when you put clothes on it). That Headplay KO version I linked to really is the best alternative around IMO because it is pretty much the same thing at about half the price.

But Sideshow has the Prometheus which is a'aight (just get a recent one), Soldier Story has a body some like because they have a sculpted neck. With some other bodies you might have to do additional mods to use Hot Toys heads, hands, feet, etc. since some of them have different kinds of pegs.

TT's are a bit overpriced they are top quality bodies.

But what Kara says, ebay is full of all kinds of bodies and all kinds of prices. Most compatable with TT's.

Thanks you guys.
I check eBay and Amazon periodically looking for deal.

This just blew me away :horror
dfbc86ea.jpg

Oh, I can't give you any advice about the female bodies, I was referring to male bodies only. Never buy collectibles from Amazon. Their prices are always jacked up.

Well I'm actually looking for females and males. Thought I'd try a couple characters from Game of Thrones, and American Horror Story, and maybe Agent Sands with the TT14
AAAAC5tRQIEAAAAAATY0Yw.jpg

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I want to try. :)

If you look around on ebay and compare prices you can get some good deals.
This body looks good and I might pick one up myself for a lara croft or ripley custom.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PHICEN-TBL...0371?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item53edf4ab33

Problem is the neck and hand connectors might be different but if you have a dremmel/multi tool you can get round these problems as said above.
It's all trial and error.
The old dragon bodies are really cheap and effective if you are going to dress the figure as the joints and skin colours are horrible.

Well I'm actually looking for females and males. Thought I'd try a couple characters from Game of Thrones, and American Horror Story, and maybe Agent Sands with the TT14
AAAAC5tRQIEAAAAAATY0Yw.jpg

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I want to try. :)

PM sent, bro :wave

Back