Is the old SS 1/6 vader helmet removable?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if the existing ss vader figure's helmet is removable to reveal the head inside or is it glued onto the head? the official product page seem to indicate it's glued on.

I am looking to do a custom setup and need the helmet only.

thanks

It is, but its just a dab of glue so it will pop off with just a little force. Mine was actually loose when he arrived so I just left it that way until I did the angle modifications.

And I'm just referring to the dome, I'm not sure about the faceplate and neck. I think they'd come arpart, but I don't recall where the seams are.

The head does come apart but the seam is right where you'd suspect them to be (on either side where the "ears" would be)... Its a tough mother to pry open though. But I did it. Just be careful.

My first Vader that arrived damaged had a loose helmet, but had to destroy all of it to receive replacement. The new one has a ton of glue or whatever because I didn't manage to take the helmet off to make the adjustments...

Yeah it is - for sure

Here a pic of mine with the little 'v' included on the Hasbro dome - much nicer than the SSC dome, IMO

Updated.jpg

Last edited:
i don't think deak-sk used the hasbro dome. that's the ssc one. as a matter of fact i think deak is very anti hasbro dome for ssc vader on any level.........:lol

the ssc helmet has it's issues but from certain angles it looks great..........others not so much.........:dunno

The Hasbro dome works really well for the ANH Vader, I tried all the other mods before the swap they just didn't look close enough in the end

Back