Air Purification?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskanStar

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I have a display room that is roughly 180 sq ft. It is tightly sealed and dust is not that much of an issue anyway but I am wondering if anyone here uses an air purifier to decrease dust and how it works for them? There are lots of models out there but I was just wondering about 1st hand experience. I am not really wanting to do glass cases.

Best air filter I've ever used is from a company called IQ Air, called the HealthPro Plus. It runs about $1000.00 (since this would be just in your hobby room, you could knock about $150.00 off the price by going with a smaller unit that doesn't have the V5 cell -- used for absorbing odors -- as it wouldn't be of much use, assuming you don't smoke), though, so quite pricey but unlike a lot of air filters I used before, actually makes a noticable difference in reducing dust.

Place we're in now is pretty old and the furnace is not that efficient at coping with all the dust. The IQ Air does make a difference but I'll still be waiting until we move in a year or so before breaking out all my stuff for display. Sounds like dust is not too much of a nuisance in your collection room, so this filter may be overkill. Would be handy if you just really wanted to ensure that not much is able to settle there.

Back