3A's SDCC 2011 Boba Fett Prototype review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rad toy review

Freaked Out
Reaction score
New exclusive review at Rad Toy Review! SDCC 2011 Star Wars Boba Fett ProtoType by Eric G!
6.jpg

Last edited:
I had the Takara 1:12 Fett and Vader - but this blows those away. Maybe a little TOO much weathering (it's 3A after all) but looks phenomenal.

That's incredible! I can't believe how good the costuming is at that scale and the chest armor positioning is better than Sideshow's 1/6.:slap I agree though, the weathering is overdone.

Wow, that little Truetype is amazing, as is that figure in general. I'm not a big Star Wars guy, but would be all over something like this if produced.

____ whoever nixed these being made.

Hasbro squashed their ability to make them. Much like SDCC had to buy the rights from them for the 12in stuff. To close to their market supposedly for the 3 3/4 figures. There also was a poll by hasbro over at the RS forum months back about the interest in a new line of figures this size convienently.

It's pretty sad for Star War fans.. but 3A does have the micronauts license as well as Valve, Halo and Capcom. The results of which I've seen some of first hand.

Their new Halo figure.. holy mother.

Why did this Fett not make it? It looks questionably better than the fett just released...:(

I was against these originally but now seeing one "up close" it makes me sad that these were never made. I could imagine the price point on these being between $80-$120 each though from looking at the stitching and such.

I was against these originally but now seeing one "up close" it makes me sad that these were never made. I could imagine the price point on these being between $80-$120 each though from looking at the stitching and such.

1/6th threea figures are about $150ish (give or take, some far less, some far more). The 1/12 ones are about $50ish, so that + LF licensing woulda been the price

Back