Loose or in box...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

averagejo

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm a collector of both 1:6, and 1:4 scale figures. I like to keep my figures in their boxes, and display them on plain old bookshelves.
Are there any other members here that keep there figures boxed and if I have recently been considering the unthinkable..."taking them out of their boxed homes" and actually "display them", but that means I'll have to buy glass shelves to keep dust free, right?

What to do, what to do..?!? :gah:

1/6 is ment to be taken out of the box. But if looking at a box on the shelf gets you off, it's your collection. :dunno

Statues, who cares.

In all the promo pics for hot toys,medicom, enterbay, etc the figured are always shown loose. That's because they are meant to be taken out and enjoy to the fullest

your spending a lot of money on them so might as well enjoy as much as you can, you would appreciate them more once you see them on display especially if its on the glass display or any kind of decent shelf.

Trust me bro, the more you see them out of the box everyday the more you would love them. I've never heard anyone collects 1/6 collectibles that keeps them inside the box.

They're meant to be displayed in the first place. About the dust, they're easy to clean, but just of a bit a advice don't put them near windows or doors so they don't get that much dust.

Let your toys breath some air! :D

your spending a lot of money on them so might as well enjoy as much as you can, you would appreciate them more once you see them on display especially if its on the glass display or any kind of decent shelf.

Trust me bro, the more you see them out of the box everyday the more you would love them. I've never heard anyone collects 1/6 collectibles that keeps them inside the box.

They're meant to be displayed in the first place. About the dust, they're easy to clean, but just of a bit a advice don't put them near windows or doors so they don't get that much dust.

Let your toys breath some air! :D

I think with 1/6 figures look best on a stand with the box behind them as a backdrop, the boxes are usually thin and it works pretty well. As for 1/4 figures like Neca, I don't think I'll ever open another one again if I even buy another. They stand like crap. Sideshow premium formats you have to open to even display.

Loose is the way to go. It's your money but all of them are meant to be shown off.

Depends if you ever plan to re-sell them?

If no, then I'd say open and display them. Why not enjoy them to their fullest?

If yes, leave them MIB for higher resale value.

Loose so you can see all the detail and move them around if you wish to different poses :)

Well I'm going to take your advice and open them up to display. I just bought these from CL, and I will be picking them up next week. :yess:
9b366e79.jpg

d23b1119.jpg

:D

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
What type of lighting?? I don't have a clue.

Last edited:
Well I'm going to take your advice and open them up to display. I just bought these from CL, and I will be picking them up next week. :yess:
9b366e79.jpg

d23b1119.jpg

:D

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
What type of lighting?? I don't have a clue.

they look very interesting. Do they have doors?

No doors :(
There are 13 cubes, which can be arranged any way. I think the lady said they were originally used in a store of some sort. She used it them to display her Barbie collection.

What type of lighting can anyone recommend, since I am new to actually "displaying" my figures. :dunno

No doors :(
There are 13 cubes, which can be arranged any way. I think the lady said they were originally used in a store of some sort. She used it them to display her Barbie collection.

What type of lighting can anyone recommend, since I am new to actually "displaying" my figures. :dunno

Ikea Dioders are the best imo. Check out the how to light my display thread in this section for lots of pics of them

Back