Gene Simmons headsculpt question .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundergod

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm planning a Gene Simmons ( KISS bassist ) bash and I'm looking for a suitable existing headsculpt to base it on . The hairstyle doesn't matter , as I plan on using real(ish) hair , but I need a long and slim face shape . ( I'm doing an early Gene , from 1973/4 ) .

gene74b.jpg

gene74c.jpg

I'm not looking for a "tongue-head" , but smiling/grinning (pic F or K ) would be cool . Any suggestions ?:dunno

The McFarlane figures are closer to 1/5 scale than 1/6 and therefore too large . ( They are also a pretty poor likeness , strange as that sounds !)

I was using a headsculpt for paint practice and once the "make-up" was on , it looked pretty good so if push comes to shove , I'll use that one . ( The project is still in very early stages , so there's no rush ).

Can you take a pic of the one that you used for practice.

Here you go . Please bear in mind the paint IS practice and it will be completely re-done ! I must have spent 30 years drawing Gene's make up on everything from schoolbooks to denim jackets , but each year/era has its own distinctive look .( I can probably tell you the year a photo was taken just from a close-up shot !) The head is from a 21st Century figure , I would prefer a more animated one , but I think I could get away with using it . I plan on using rooted hair .
DSC04455.jpg

Looks good man looking forward to seeing him done I'm a KISS fan too.:rock2

Thanks , I've the body I'm going to use and I'm just getting my materials together for the outfit .:wink1:

Theres a guy on ebay named the farrow who does great KISS stuff. And he does many eras and sculpts as well.

He did my KISS set and they're probably my favorite piece. He's also on Facebook and has posted some of his work.

Here's one of his Genes.

IMG_20120804_211620.jpg

Back