It's now a FACT. The Force is REAL!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do or do not there is no try. :lecture:lol

my gf loves that quote LOL.
she actually tells that to some of her employees since she is a manager haha i find it really funny cuz she uses this old person voice when said :D
btw maybe the whole mayan thing is in relation to this. the particle might cause something to happen and we go to ..... :nana:

"The Higgs boson's role is to give the particles that make up atoms their mass. Without this mass, they would zip around the cosmos, unable to bind together to form the atoms that make stars and planets – and people."

Didn't the guy who discovered this say he's not even sure they've discovered it for sure and that question won't be answered anytime soon?

I'll eat my boot if any of what's being reported is the final word on the matter.

They're still trying to reconcile the fact that sub-atomic particles, which don't behave like matter, manifest the properties of matter when there's a lot of them in the same place. Why there should be a particle that makes them behave like matter, when all the other particles don't, makes me scratch my head. My gut says there's something missing in their basic assumptions, but I don't do math so I should shut up.

It reminds me of the search for a missing link, once people started wondering how humans evolved from monkeys.

I'll eat my boot if any of what's being reported is the final word on the matter.

They're still trying to reconcile the fact that sub-atomic particles, which don't behave like matter, manifest the properties of matter when there's a lot of them in the same place. Why there should be a particle that makes them behave like matter, when all the other particles don't, makes me scratch my head. My gut says there's something missing in their basic assumptions, but I don't do math so I should shut up.

It reminds me of the search for a missing link, once people started wondering how humans evolved from monkeys.

Stephen Hawking made a bet that they'd never find it, but he coughed up the $100 last Wednesday.

The scientist are all celebrating now deciding who's getting the Nobel Prize.

From what I've read it seems pretty definitive?

I have a hard time with Stephen Hawking. I have a hard time in general with the big bang model of the universe. Dr. Higgs seems to be on a bit more of an even keel as regards their discovery. I'm hardly qualified to know one way or the other, but I'm very curious to see how this plays out in the future.

I have a hard time with Stephen Hawking. I have a hard time in general with the big bang model of the universe. Dr. Higgs seems to be on a bit more of an even keel as regards their discovery. I'm hardly qualified to know one way or the other, but I'm very curious to see how this plays out in the future.

Ditto. Interesting times indeed.

Back