BESTA shelf with glass doors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WurstCollector

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello fellow collectors,

So my HT collection is growing quite rapidly, and I think now is a better time then any to start displaying them. I have been debating on either the infamous Detolf so many people utilize to display their figures. Or the BESTA shelf with glass doors. The BESTA seems to be the best option for PFs, as I have seen some members post photos of their collection using them. My question is, does anyone use the BESTA(s) to display their HT collection? I would like to get one, solely for environment purposes. As I would like to add some items that would help liven up each shelf.

Thanks

Take a look in this thread if you haven't already.
I'll be picking up bestas soon and my 1/6 figures will be going in them. :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76999&page=29

Thought I'd add my input for those wanting to see 1/6 scale in the Bestas. I've since replaced my SS Bat with Hot Toys' Keaton, with the Joker on the way. I had custom half-width glass shelves made before I realised Ikea actually started stocking them. Before that I had acrylic risers.

Picture001.jpg

No I hadn't seen that thread at all. I think this is the best and only option I have at the moment.

Thanks for the link and the pic, the possibilities seem endless with these things.

Now I wonder if the Tumbler and Bat-pod can sit comfortably on top, If I had (2) side by side.:pray:

Ill be buying some this week for my 12" figs.. looks to be pricey, but will look cool I hope.

Ill be buying some this week for my 12" figs.. looks to be pricey, but will look cool I hope.

I hear you on it being pricey, but my justification is that HT aren't really cheap either. So might as well do it right, and have them displayed in something that will keep them safe and have more room. :hi5:

Yeah Besta's with glass doors and lighting adds up quick. Trust me. :lol But like Wurst said, we spend insane amounts of money on these collectibles, why not display/preserve them correctly. It only makes sense... :rock

Yeah Besta's with glass doors and lighting adds up quick. Trust me. :lol But like Wurst said, we spend insane amounts of money on these collectibles, why not display/preserve them correctly. It only makes sense... :rock

I know it does add up quickly, I noticed after building one online. :thud:
I think when it comes to the lighting, I will be going custom on that. Especially how I will have a different theme on each shelf. And the fact that there is so much room to add risers if there are multiple figures in one shelf. :yess:

And with all the announcements coming soon for TDKR, Prometheus, and Hulk I think the Besta is my only option to fit everything I'm collecting. 2013 is going to be an expensive year :panic:

I use Besta's to display a mix of 1:6 figures, 1:5, and PF. I think they are one of the best solutions for the price. The cost of adding the glass doors is pricey, but I plan on adding them whenever I can fit them into the budget.

I use Besta's to display a mix of 1:6 figures, 1:5, and PF. I think they are one of the best solutions for the price. The cost of adding the glass doors is pricey, but I plan on adding them whenever I can fit them into the budget.

Would you have any pics available of your setup?I love seeing what others have done with their collection. For inspiration and ideas, as I am fairly new to the collectible world. :wave

What a sweet collection, I know when it's time to dip into the SW collectibles I'll be nearly broke. The red light really brings out the display :clap

Do you find it difficult to keep the PFs and 1/6's clean/dust free? I know you had mentioned purchasing glass doors was an option for the future, which is probably the same route I'm going to have to take :slap

I live in an apartment which has a lot of dust. The black/brown Besta's collect it like its going out of style. But a quick dusting with a swifter every week or 2 keeps it in check.

Sounds a lot like my situation, plus all the dander and shedding from my pets. I think I will wait until I can pick up the doors to display everything. Just getting antsy. :impatient:

I picked up the 75" tall Besta .. 6 tombo doors.. 6 glass mirror inserts.. and a few other odds and ends (including poster frames) and the total came to a little over 500 bucks.

They barely fit in my car for the drive from Chicago back to KC.. but we made it.

I picked up the 75" tall Besta .. 6 tombo doors.. 6 glass mirror inserts.. and a few other odds and ends (including poster frames) and the total came to a little over 500 bucks.

They barely fit in my car for the drive from Chicago back to KC.. but we made it.

Wow, dedicated. Seems like you went the right route on the displaying options. Love to see the setup when it's up. :rock

Thanks mate , they take about a week and a half to get sent out and I'll probably need a few days to sort everything out but I'd imagine I'll be able to post some photo's in around two weeks. :)

Back