New Darth Vader ROTJ 1/4 Premium Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertoBagg10

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard any news regarding a potential release of a new Darth Vader 1/4 Premium Format based on ROTJ by Sideshow Collectibles? It's just that i have heard these rumours from various other forums and other collectors and it would be interesting to know if they are or not. On a personal scale this would be exciting news as i have the original Darth Vader Premium Format and have to say that although it has to arguably be one of the best statues so far released of Vader, i'm not actually too impressed with the overall pose of it - saying that i understand that its supposed to go hand in hand with the Obi Wan Premium Format but im not keen on him either so i've purchased 2 stormtroopers to go alongside Vader to make the overall display more appealing. With that said, i am also hoping that if they did decide to release a new Vader that we may at last see the new style of lightsaber technology that they have used for some of the more recent statues such as the Cyborg Darth Maul and Darth Talon which have a much more brighter LED added aswell as the up and down motion too.

So do you think there is any truth in these rumours or more likely that we'll be waiting a good few years before we see another Premium Format Darth Vader? :pray:

they said it some time back in the "ask Sideshow" that a new vader is coming.. but that has been all and is long time ago... in a galaxy far far away..

they said it some time back in the "ask Sideshow" that a new vader is coming.. but that has been all and is long time ago... in a galaxy far far away..

Hi Myc, its just that these rumours seemed to have started a few weeks ago now and im thinking (more hoping) that these rumours are true and have been leaked just before the start of SDCC 2012. Could we see a possible reveal despite no news from Sideshow? Has this ever been the case with any other statue?

basically, this and the ESB Boba PF question were both confirmed some time ago in the Ask Sideshow Q&A. We could see production peeks at any point, no one really knows.

Bottom line is they have a ton of characters that they are working on and have previewed, so who knows what is coming.

basically, this and the ESB Boba PF question were both confirmed some time ago in the Ask Sideshow Q&A. We could see production peeks at any point, no one really knows.

Bottom line is they have a ton of characters that they are working on and have previewed, so who knows what is coming.

So then it may happen? Boy oh boy! :yess:

If ever there was ever a more eagerly awaited piece then this would be it, and may i say that the exclusive version would most probably sell out quicker than we saw the R2 / C3PO!

I think we have a better chance seeing a new PF Vader sooner than a Fett. It looks like a Mythos Fett is the next pre-order for that line and probably be shown at SDCC along with Maul so I wouldn't think a PF would come for awhile. I think a Vader PF is long over due IMO and I'm hoping we see one this year.

well there is a mythos vader coming as well.. so if thats a reason for SS not to come out with a new Boba PF.. then this would be also a reason not to release a new Vader PF...

I want a vader PF as well.. totally dislike the one what is out.. but I keep my hopes ver ver low to see a new vader this year..

I think we have a better chance seeing a new PF Vader sooner than a Fett. It looks like a Mythos Fett is the next pre-order for that line and probably be shown at SDCC along with Maul so I wouldn't think a PF would come for awhile. I think a Vader PF is long over due IMO and I'm hoping we see one this year.

Don't forget Kenobi. He's been shown on several occassions, yet Maul went up first. No guarantees that Fett is next, though I have nothing against it if he is. :wink1:

Yeah I'm guessing that Kenobi and Fett would be next because we seen more pics of the both especially Kenobi. But your right a Mythos Vader can come out of nowhere like Maul did.

I'm hoping Vader comes first because I have 10 SW PF's and Vader is not included. I don't like the pose and the price so I been holding out for new Vader for sometime now. The Fett PF is a different story I love it!!

you know that the mythos line is 1/5 scale right ? won't go with your other 10 SW Pfs....

I agree exactly abt not liking the pose with the 2 hands around the saber and his stance, as mentioned earlier, this pose goes hand in hand with the obi wan premium format and I don't like that statue either.

In regards to Vader, what pose would you be happy with? Clenching fist? Pointing finger? With lightsaber in hand?

this is just perfect.. menacing .. no lightsaber needed !! maybe as an excl...

AttakusDarthVader1.jpg

Wouldn't they make it a companion piece for the Jedi Luke and Palpatine? Seems like it would make sense, so he would probably have to be "mid-action" again.

you know that the mythos line is 1/5 scale right ? won't go with your other 10 SW Pfs....

Yes the mythos will be 1/5 scale. I'm not sure if I'm going all out on this line, I like what I see so far so I just might have to make a special display area.

What can be different about another PF vader? He always looks the same. Maybe a action pose? Btw the old PF vader is stunning in person the boring pose is awsome when you see it. I hated the pose too until I saw it. He is massive and bigger than all the PF now. He even bigger than cyborg maul. Just his head is double the size of cyborg darth maul. Huge I say. Just the way he should be.

Vader PF is awesome. A little strange in pics, yes, but very nice in person. I have 11 Star Wars´s PF and Vader is one of my favourites.

Back