Promo Cover for BATMAN #13. "Guess Who's Back?"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Awesome:

Batman_Promo-674x1024.jpg

Surprised this is happening in Batman and not Detective. Let me rephrase that... Glad this is happening in Batman and not Detective.

In not minding the new detective, can't say the same for the dark knight tho, dunno what it is just isn't doing it for me

I haven't read a comic in ages where has the Joker been?

No one knows. All we know is that he purposely had this face cut off by another villain in the first issue of Detective - New 52 and has been at large, presumably with either a new face... or no face.

So someone cut off his face in the first issue and then without explanation he's been gone for an entire year or they've been looking for him for an entire year?

Are the new books worth reading?

Depends on which ones. Snyder's run on BATMAN has been pretty solid, overall. BATMAN & ROBIN is surprisingly good. But the other Batbooks (aside from DETECTIVE #1) have been rather meh.

ANIMAL MAN and SWAMP THING are still the class of The New 52, though.

So someone cut off his face in the first issue and then without explanation he's been gone for an entire year or they've been looking for him for an entire year?
They're on the lookout. The GCPD even had the skin from Joker's face in an evidence vault at police headquarters. That is, until Harley Quinn broke in and stole it (she's looking for Joker, too). :lol But most of this time Batman's been busy dealing with the Court of Owls (long story).

Depends on which ones. Snyder's run on BATMAN has been pretty solid, overall. BATMAN & ROBIN is surprisingly good. But the other Batbooks (aside from DETECTIVE #1) have been rather meh.

ANIMAL MAN and SWAMP THING are still the class of The New 52, though.

Batman was the character that brought me to DC, but the only one that really kept my interest until I stopped buying comics altogether. I may download the new series on my iPad.

By design. They obviously wanted to build it up and make an event out of it.

I think they needed to do it faster though. DC went downhill after the first issue with that great cliff hanger. I've only held on because I've been waiting to see where that led. And then to only continue the story in Batman instead of DC is BS and confusing. I'm just glad I get both series. B&R is the only Batman book (and JL ones) I don't get so thankfully I haven't missed anything really.

Since they broght Bane's Arkham Asylum/City design over to the comics, I wonder if Joker will end up looking like AC Joker now :lol

arkham-city-nycc-exclusive-sickened-joker-5.jpg

. And then to only continue the story in Batman instead of DC is BS and confusing.

Yeah, but it's a GOOD thing this is happening in "Batman" and not 'Det, because Scott Snyder can flat-out write, whereas after the first issue of 'Det (which was pretty much written by committee, including input from Snyder) Tony S. Daniel's writing has gotten stale very quickly. He's almost a poster boy for why they shouldn't let artists get one of their first writing gigs with books this big.

It's a shame you haven't given "Batman and Robin" a good go. It really is much better than Detective. And, trust me, I'm no Robin fan and I absolutely hate the Damian character. But this book just works.

Sounds like I need to check out some Batman. :duff
YES. It's pretty damn solid. That along with "Swamp Thing" and "Animal Man" has been a monthly delight. There are other solid New 52 titles as well, but those are clearly the Top 3, imho.

P.S. Steer very clear of "Justice League". Unless you want to read comics written for 7 years olds with the attention span of 2 year olds.

See I don't like Batman & Robin at all. It's my least favorite, and Detective has gotten worse every month. I am glad Tony Daniel is leaving, his writing is horrible (IMO).

I agree with Carl on that Swamp Thing, and Animal Manalong with Batman (by Snyder and Capullo) are the very best DC titles.

How was the last issue of TDK by the Hurwtiz?

Looking forward to Joker's return.

Looking forward to this, no where near up to date on my Batman reading list but from what I've read so far it's about time some 'recognised' villains got some print time

at the moment capullo is my favorite artist. so i cant wait to see his take on the joker! October cant come fast enough!

Back