PDA

View Full Version : What's your collection cost you? Let's see who's the biggest Star Wars fan :)

Mandible
07-02-2012, 05:14 AM
I've never sat down and worked out what sort of dollars I've spent on the collection over the past 10 years... until today...

And this is missing a few things here and there... BUT, it's basically...

$35,000!

Holy Cow!

If I average it out since 2002 (which is when I got heavily back into it), that's $3,500 per year OR $67 per week :(

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the collection, but man, it ads up :)

King Darkness
07-02-2012, 05:17 AM
Mine is worth one hundred fifty million bagillion.

I win.

Close thread.

EVILFACE
07-02-2012, 05:23 AM
It's just Sideshow figures. Cost, I don't know a grand. Worth, prolly a quarter that.

Bib Fortuna is a worthless figure.

Mandible
07-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Didn't mean that I was the biggest fan guys. Not at all. Just wondering who has spent the most.

A friend of a friend came into some money when he was in his early 30's and, having grown up with Star Wars (but his parents weren't well off when he was a kid so they couldn't afford much) went and got ALL the original Kenner figures, mint on cards...

... cost him nearly 50K to get them all.

Just curious if anyone here has gone more than that.

Come on Dexter-Jettstar, yours has to be up there? :)

myc
07-02-2012, 05:45 AM
why are there always guys out there who like to measure their #$*@^#$ ????

EVILFACE
07-02-2012, 05:59 AM
Cause their Kenner Luke's lightsaber is longer than their pee pee.

Mandible
07-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Clearly this has gone pear-shaped.

I was simply curious to see if someone turned around and said their collection cost them 100K (or something like that, that would make most of us spin-out).

It'd be interesting to see where the money has gone? A collection full of 1:1 replicas? Custom SS ships?

I've had my eye on a custom Sandcrawler but it's 3K - and now with a family, the collection is slowly winding down.

Curiosity gentlemen, not chest-puffing or ____-sizing.

King Darkness
07-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Clearly this has gone pear-shaped.

I don't know what that means but it made me laugh. I'm gonna start using that saying.

jkno and dexter probably have the most impressive SW collections here.:lecture

karamazov80
07-02-2012, 06:26 AM
I probably spent about $200-300 on all the Star Wars stuff I possess, including DVDs. I'm not including the handful of vintage toys from my childhood since I didn't pay for them. They probably cost about $20 total though, if you wanna consider them.

I don't know what that means but it made me laugh.
Same here :lol

devilof76
07-02-2012, 06:49 AM
I have no idea.

The two best pieces I own (Darth Vader's TIE Fighter by Code 3, and his '77 lightsaber by Master Replicas) cost me less than $250 shipped.

ambasah
07-02-2012, 07:39 AM
the biggest fan is the 6-year old in all of us : )

comicbookguy
07-02-2012, 09:26 AM
A lot. Much more than a normal collector. That will say it niclely.

Shropt
07-02-2012, 09:26 AM
My biggest piece is my Bossk bust and it was absolutely FREE! Muahahahhahahaaahhaaa

lamtsunfung
07-02-2012, 09:57 AM
I really enjoy Sideshow's Star Wars products. I have every single Star Wars item they have manufactured, except for the Bossk Bust and the dioramas. Not really into those.

galactiboy
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM
If you want top collections; just check out Sansweet... the guy has everything and a crazy set-up to display it all. Anyone else is a newb collector by comparison :lecture

Rancho Obi Wan Tour (http://www.originalprop.com/blog/2012/01/30/tour-of-rancho-obi-wan-steve-sansweets-star-wars-memorabilia-collection-and-museum/)

comicbookguy
07-02-2012, 02:53 PM
I really enjoy Sideshow's Star Wars products. I have every single Star Wars item they have manufactured, except for the Bossk Bust and the dioramas. Not really into those.

Wow pics! :horror must be really awsome. I started 3 months ago on SS statues so I'm still playing catch up.

Mandible
07-02-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't know what that means but it made me laugh. I'm gonna start using that saying.

It must be an Australian saying :)

Simply, when things get out of shape/go wrong.

Mandible
07-02-2012, 06:01 PM
the biggest fan is the 6-year old in all of us : )

Very true :wave

Mandible
07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
If you want top collections; just check out Sansweet... the guy has everything and a crazy set-up to display it all. Anyone else is a newb collector by comparison :lecture

Rancho Obi Wan Tour (http://www.originalprop.com/blog/2012/01/30/tour-of-rancho-obi-wan-steve-sansweets-star-wars-memorabilia-collection-and-museum/)

Definitely know about Sansweet, but he also has the publicity as well. I wonder who has a bucket load, but isn't in the public eye?

Shalamar
07-02-2012, 06:30 PM
My most expensive 'item' in my collection is my Darth Vader costume. I've sunk somewhere around 6-8 grand into that alone. It breaks down, it gets worn, it gets repaired, repainted, parts need replacing... And the endless batteries...

Mandible
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
My most expensive 'item' in my collection is my Darth Vader costume. I've sunk somewhere around 6-8 grand into that alone. It breaks down, it gets worn, it gets repaired, repainted, parts need replacing... And the endless batteries...

Sounds like an RC car :)

JAWS
07-03-2012, 05:43 AM
I think you would have gotten better responses if you did not add the "who's the biggest SW fan here?" part in your title.

You could have someone who does not have much money and thus owns very little or nothing SW but yet still lives and breaths the films, books, and games.

Perhaps it's the person who named their kids Luke and Leia.

Perhaps the guy with the million $ collection "likes" SW but loves collecting SW

And so on and so forth.

I got what you ment but I was not surprised by some of the responses. The title should have read. "who could feed a third world country if they sold off their SW collection?" ;););)

devilof76
07-03-2012, 05:55 AM

My best friend named his second son Lucas. First thing he said to him when he was born was, "Luke...I am your father."

I'm pretty sure the name was chosen just so he could do that. He didn't laugh when I told him he got the line wrong. :lol

jkno
07-03-2012, 05:56 AM
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/2694/bdddrevil121608.jpg

Mandible
07-03-2012, 06:00 AM
I think you would have gotten better responses if you did not add the "who's the biggest SW fan here?" part in your title.

You could have someone who does not have much money and thus owns very little or nothing SW but yet still lives and breaths the films, books, and games.

Perhaps the guy with the million $ collection "likes" SW but loves collecting SW

And so on and so forth.

I got what you ment but I was not surprised by some of the responses. The title should have read. "who could feed a third world country if they sold off their SW collection?" ;););)

Good point. Thanks.

Is there a way I can edit the title?

JAWS
07-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Good point. Thanks.

Is there a way I can edit the title?

As far as I know you can ask a mod or delete the thred yourself and start over. Thread may be to old for that now. I don't know.

madoka
07-03-2012, 07:37 AM
My best friend named his second son Lucas. First thing he said to him when he was born was, "Luke...I am your father."

Hey that's cheating.

I actually did name my son Luke and back on topic, my SW collection is in the 6 figure range. :monkey3

ambasah
07-03-2012, 07:58 AM
my wife and I are expecting twins in about 1 month (boy & girl).

I tried for Luke & Leia, but my better half would not go for it.

btw, I am looking for the faux bronze emporer vs yoda, if anyone is looking to sell for a "reasonable" mark up.

HeadlessGree
07-03-2012, 08:13 AM
My collection started off as mostly mini busts and 1/6th scale and until the last year I wasn't into anything bigger than that. I would say my collection is probably easily under 5k

galactiboy
07-03-2012, 11:08 AM
my wife and I are expecting twins in about 1 month (boy & girl).

I tried for Luke & Leia, but my better half would not go for it.

Good for her... there is only so far fandom should go :lecture

When my wife was pregnant she visited a message board and this one girl posted about how angry she was her husband would not let her name their child "Twilight" :lol

Darth Waller
07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I've been all over the place regarding SW collectibles. I've gone through GG busts, Sideshow 1/6 figures, Sideshow PFs, Sideshow 1:1 busts, Kenner figures and 1:1 helmets.

Some I've sold off along the way as my tastes have changed. I don't want to think what I've spent over the years, but I have enjoyed the ride.

Avfin
07-03-2012, 02:13 PM
$1977.00...........

Mandible
07-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey that's cheating.

I actually did name my son Luke and back on topic, my SW collection is in the 6 figure range. :monkey3

Hell yeah!

Now this is what I was talking about :)

Come on, pix pleeeeaaasse?

darth dennis
07-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I have no idea what my collection is worth. I have about 1,000 hasbro 3/4 inch figures, 120 12 inch figures (mix of SSC and Hasbro), the 93 vintage figures (loose), 22 PFs, a bunch of miscellaneous stuff and the six foot millennium falcon. It's priceless to me AND my six year old self :)

Here's a few somewhat outdated pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1200027673854.74093.1023405728&type=3&l=f3cb2233b6

msjedi36
07-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Huge Star Wars fan here! Not only because I collect, but I been a fan of the movies, books etc for over 30 years. Now my two boys are big fans and it's great sharing the interest with them. As for my collection like most I sold almost every Hasbro item I owned and now I collect GG bust, various art, MR/EFX sabers and helmets, SS Premium formats, bust and some 1/6 scale figures I have 10 SW PF's and counting. Besides the statues The bigger pieces I own are the Vader 1:1 bust, Vader Legend Helmet and MR ROTS Vader helmet. I have spent about 15K so far and I don't see any stopping in the near future. There is so much good stuff coming out with the new legend line with EFX and some classic PF's coming, The Droids, Chewie etc . As long as I still have a job and the passion is there I should be collecting for many more years.

VS1976
07-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Mine is worth one hundred fifty million bagillion.

I win.

Close thread.

:lol I'll need pics for proof :nana:

VS1976
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I probably have $2000 worth of Starwars collection of toys & couple statues with 1 of them being Darth Talon PF EX.

Mandible
07-03-2012, 11:38 PM
I have no idea what my collection is worth. I have about 1,000 hasbro 3/4 inch figures, 120 12 inch figures (mix of SSC and Hasbro), the 93 vintage figures (loose), 22 PFs, a bunch of miscellaneous stuff and the six foot millennium falcon. It's priceless to me AND my six year old self :)

Here's a few somewhat outdated pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1200027673854.74093.1023405728&type=3&l=f3cb2233b6

Thanks is one of the classiest setups I've ever seen.

Looks FANTASTIC!

Jay1138
07-04-2012, 12:18 AM
I don't think there's any way to realistically account for everything I've spent on Star Wars. I got most people beat, but the truth is a few years ago I realized that my collecting is so gianormous that I will NEVER be able to display all of it. So I've been thinning it out here and there.

fuzzylojiks
07-04-2012, 02:34 AM
Nothing yet but breaking into the ranch this week with a couple of trucks. That should increase my status.

jkno
07-04-2012, 03:25 AM

Thanks KD :bow

icruise
07-04-2012, 03:51 AM
It must be an Australian saying :)

People say it in the US as well, but it's not all that common.

As for how much my collection has cost, I really don't know (and I'm not sure I want to know...) I'm sure it's well over $20K, especially if you include stuff like display cases and things that I've subsequently sold, like the Sideshow life size C-3PO. But I enjoy it. I don't smoke, drink (much) or gamble, so I have to spend my money on something. :lol

ambasah
07-04-2012, 07:21 AM
I've spent a small (well maybe not so small) fortune on this stuff, but how can you put a price on re-living your childhood?

3phase
07-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I have all my collectables written down on a piece of paper. I have what i bought and how much it cost me (postage included) and what i have at the moment came to $10 grand. Will not tell the misses that. As i don’t have much spare cash at the moment i sometimes have to sell stuff to buy something and i will put down on the paper what i sold it for and its cool to see if i made some money or lost some.
A good example is the GG Rancor I paid $160 and sold for about $320 but it doest always work that way.
At the moment I have a full stormtrooper (I’m in the 501st) 5 premium formats (stormtrooper, fett, scout on speeder, tusken, yoda & clone), Master Replica snowspeeder, training remote, clone helmet, EFX clone helmet, EFX vader LE & tie fighter (both on order) and 5 studio scale kits I have yet to build (X-Wing, Y-Wing, ESB AT-ST, probe droid, training remote) and vader, fett, royal guard helmets that still need finishing and a few nick knacks not worth mentioning.
Hey Mandible im still waiting to se some picks of your collection.

Forgot the sideshow dewback & sandtropper

Mandible
07-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I have all my collectables written down on a piece of paper. I have what i bought and how much it cost me (postage included) and what i have at the moment came to $10 grand. Will not tell the misses that. As i donít have much spare cash at the moment i sometimes have to sell stuff to buy something and i will put down on the paper what i sold it for and its cool to see if i made some money or lost some.
A good example is the GG Rancor I paid $160 and sold for about $320 but it doest always work that way.
At the moment I have a full stormtrooper (Iím in the 501st) 5 premium formats (stormtrooper, fett, scout on speeder, tusken, yoda & clone), Master Replica snowspeeder, training remote, clone helmet, EFX clone helmet, EFX vader LE & tie fighter (both on order) and 5 studio scale kits I have yet to build (X-Wing, Y-Wing, ESB AT-ST, probe droid, training remote) and vader, fett, royal guard helmets that still need finishing and a few nick knacks not worth mentioning.
Hey Mandible im still waiting to se some picks of your collection.

Funny you ask. I've just bought some more shelving and will be setting it up this weekend - I'm trying to put the whole collection into one room rather than two.

New pix on Sunday or Monday :)

darth dennis
07-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Funny you ask. I've just bought some more shelving and will be setting it up this weekend - I'm trying to put the whole collection into one room rather than two.

New pix on Sunday or Monday :)

Love to see pics of other collections. A lot of the "collection" is how it is displayed. I like seeing how different people group items. I spend a lot of time thinking about how I'll fit in my next collectible. What goes in storage or gets shifted is always a big question :)

Mandible
07-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Anyone know how to you link the larger photos from Photobucket to appear in your replies?

jkno
07-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Anyone know how to you link the larger photos from Photobucket to appear in your replies?

Copy the Direct link on photobucket which appears next to each image when you go with the mouse over it (click on it and it is automatically copied), and then use the http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/images/styles/slide/editor/insertimage.gif button here or ... codes by inserting the link you just copied.

Mandible
07-05-2012, 03:10 AM
Copy the Direct link on photobucket which appears next to each image when you go with the mouse over it (click on it and it is automatically copied), and then use the http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/images/styles/slide/editor/insertimage.gif button here or ... codes by inserting the link you just copied.

Thanks dude. :wave

VOTR_Ed
07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Hey, guys, I couldn't let this pass me by. Bragging rights, and all. :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7007/6667688827_9ff6ea1088_z.jpg

I don't know how much it would all cost, but minus my 10 Sideshow figures, this is the entire collection shared by mostly myself, but also my brother. We used his school's music room to lay it all out, as no mere basement floor would do. Check out the full spread in photos here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20495509@N00/sets/72157624756970586/with/6667688827/), or watch the video here:video here.

Cheers, guys!

Invictus Sol
07-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Fantastic use of space and RJD2 is a great choice for music in your vid (love that album). Really enjoyed it.

Mandible
07-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Hey, guys, I couldn't let this pass me by. Bragging rights, and all. :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7007/6667688827_9ff6ea1088_z.jpg

I don't know how much it would all cost, but minus my 10 Sideshow figures, this is the entire collection shared by mostly myself, but also my brother. We used his school's music room to lay it all out, as no mere basement floor would do. Check out the full spread in photos here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20495509@N00/sets/72157624756970586/with/6667688827/), or watch the video here:video here. (http://youtu.be/H355c4BAVns)

Cheers, guys!

Holy Cow! That's one damn impressive collection dude. Love the flickr shots!

How many years has this taken?

Congrats!

Mandible
07-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Okay 3phase. Here's the start:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/dolenbucket/Collection/IMG_4342.jpg

Mandible
07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
And the opposite side of the room.
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/dolenbucket/Collection/IMG_4358.jpg

Mandible
07-05-2012, 09:33 PM
There's still a few things missing:

Code 3 Vader Tie (waiting on an acrylic cover)
MR Snowspeeder - probably going to sell it.

And all my many, many books and artwork.

Mandible
07-05-2012, 09:37 PM
And I'm waiting for these final pieces to fill some holes:

eFX Vader Helmet
eFX Tie Fighter
GG Bantha Statue
SSC 1/6 Boba Fett
SSC 1/6 Grievous
Kotobukiya 1/7 Yoda (V2)
SSC PF Tarkin
SSC PF Droids
SSC PF Chewbacca

And the only other thing I'm thinking I'll get will be the 1/6 Landspeeder.

Then that's it... The collection will finish once and for all :(

jkno
07-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Cool collection Mandible!

3phase
07-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Then that's it... The collection will finish once and for all :(

Nothing is ever finished, someone will always bring out something you will want.

Mate that is a nice setup. I can only dream of owning the MR AT-AT & Falcon. What Jabba is that sideshow or GG, always wanted one of them. And why do you want to sell the snowspeeder and what do you want for it.

Mandible
07-06-2012, 04:48 AM
Nothing is ever finished, someone will always bring out something you will want.

Mate that is a nice setup. I can only dream of owning the MR AT-AT & Falcon. What Jabba is that sideshow or GG, always wanted one of them. And why do you want to sell the snowspeeder and what do you want for it.

Thanks dude.

I know what you mean - it'll never end, but it's getting to that point now where (as you mentioned the MR Falcon & AT-AT) how do you get any better unless you build a life-size version? :)

With most of my stuff, like the (Sideshow) Jabba, I'm at the point where I think how much better will they get and can I justify spending the extra cash.

Going to sell the Snowspeeder to pay for some of the other stuff I've got on pre-order. As you can see the room is getting full and once the eFX Tie arrives my "Studio Scale" ships area will have one too many for the area and I thought the Snowspeeder would be the one I'd let go.

PM me if you're interested it in :)

Mandible
07-06-2012, 04:53 AM
All my 1/6 stuff...

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/dolenbucket/Collection/IMG_4353.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/dolenbucket/Collection/IMG_4352.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/dolenbucket/Collection/IMG_4350.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/dolenbucket/Collection/IMG_4351.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/dolenbucket/Collection/IMG_4340.jpg

3phase
07-06-2012, 06:04 AM
All my 1/6 stuff...

Mate have you thought about loosing the 1:6 Han in carbinite for the PF version to go with your PF Fett.

icruise
07-06-2012, 07:05 AM
What kind of shelves are those, Mandible? It's hard to find ones that big and deep.

galactiboy
07-06-2012, 07:24 AM
What kind of shelves are those, Mandible? It's hard to find ones that big and deep.

That's what she said :nana:

My favorite SW collection is my vintage Kenner figures:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/galactiboy/New%20Collection%20Room/jjq.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/galactiboy/New%20Collection%20Room/eeg-1.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/galactiboy/New%20Collection%20Room/eee.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/galactiboy/New%20Collection%20Room/eef-1.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/galactiboy/New%20Collection%20Room/eed-1.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/galactiboy/New%20Collection%20Room/eec-1.jpg
(please excuse the faded Max Rebo, he's since been replaced :lol)

According to my spreadsheet in total I have 212 SW pieces ranging from common $5 vintage figures to a few prop replicas and my Sideshow Vader bust; rough value of $12K.

It's definitely the most substantial part of my overall collection that's in the $35-40K range :lol

darth dennis
07-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Okay 3phase. Here's the start:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/dolenbucket/Collection/IMG_4342.jpg

Great setup. Those are very cool shelves. Classy setup.

gagaliya
07-06-2012, 08:36 AM
well lets see, here's what's left of my star war inventory. Most of it is in storage except my favorite pieces. Looks like i spent about $7k, good thing i dont collect busts or props.

attakus 1/5

vader 1: $700
vader 2: 450
stormtrooper: 500
tie pilot: 300
crumb: 100
yoda x2: 300
ewok: 150
han solo: 150
chewbaca: 200
obi wan: 150
tusken raider: 200
clonetrooper: 150
gamorrean guard: 250
slave leia: 100

sideshow:

yoda vs trooper pf 400
yoda luke training pf ex 250
yoda vs dooku 150
yoda vs emperor 200
slave leia pf ex 300
vader choking people: 250
droids pf ex(po) 800

code 3:
x-wing 400
tie fighter 150
at-st 300

HeadlessGree
07-06-2012, 10:38 AM
awesome collection Mandible!!!

lamtsunfung
07-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Hey Mandible, how did you remove the Gentle Giant Princess Leia from her base? That's a great idea!

boinkffd
07-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I have never totaled up what has been paid for . But I have been collecting since 1977 and still pick up hard to find items.

I do not this a price could be put on the whole lot as many items have been given to me or scored in a trade.

Mandible
07-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Mate have you thought about loosing the 1:6 Han in carbinite for the PF version to go with your PF Fett.

Yeah, I did, but I don't really like the neck length on the PF and I prefer the 1/6 base.

Mandible
07-06-2012, 04:14 PM

Hey icruise. They're Ikea desks called Vika Amon 200x60cm. They're cheap and look fantastic. The ones with the Falcon on are 150x75.

Mandible
07-06-2012, 04:18 PM
That's what she said :nana:

My favorite SW collection is my vintage Kenner figures:

According to my spreadsheet in total I have 212 SW pieces ranging from common $5 vintage figures to a few prop replicas and my Sideshow Vader bust; rough value of $12K.

It's definitely the most substantial part of my overall collection that's in the $35-40K range :lol

Great collection mate. Man, that brings back memories :)
I had all the 93 originals when I was a kid but sold them in my teens :(

Mandible
07-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Great setup. Those are very cool shelves. Classy setup.

Thanks Dennis :)

Mandible
07-06-2012, 04:22 PM
awesome collection Mandible!!!

Thanks Gree. :hi5:

Mandible
07-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey Mandible, how did you remove the Gentle Giant Princess Leia from her base? That's a great idea!

Hey Lam,

Yeah, that was fun...NOT. I got the idea from Silentsurfer and went to follow his instructions but got impatient so I took it to a woodwork shop. They had a bandsaw and rotary sander. So I roughly cut the bottom off with the bandsaw then carefully sanded it down. All up, maybe 10 minutes :)

The only down side was the front of the skirt was cut flat (as pictured below) but I got some Milliput and extended and repainted it.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/dolenbucket/IMG_1581.jpg

lamtsunfung
07-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Well, it turned out great! Not sure if I'm brave enough to saw through the sucker though.

VOTR_Ed
07-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Fantastic use of space and RJD2 is a great choice for music in your vid (love that album). Really enjoyed it.

:lol Thanks! I had to settle my brother down nd explain why I wanted to design the layout instead of just spreading crap out onto the floor.

Yeah, love me some RJD2! Good listenin', son!

VOTR_Ed
07-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Holy Cow! That's one damn impressive collection dude. Love the flickr shots!

How many years has this taken?

Congrats!

Thanks, Mandible. It's the toys I grew up with (most survived, many parts replaced), plus the first collecting push my bro and I did together in the mid-90s as we looked for the best quality loose toys. Once Kenner came back a few years later I was in, and have been collecting ever since.

I don't buy everything that Hasbro makes or made, but I want the best representatives of characters and vehicles. space allowing, of course. ;)

Say, I am digging your own shelves, Mr. Mandible. Great set up, not cluttered. Congrats!

mellvis
07-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Cool pics and nice collection.

I'm trying to forget how much I've spent as I enjoy gazing at my collection more without picturing them with mental price tags. Anyway, I'm a new collector (since March this year) so it's not a lot :)