Are head play's true type bodies good quality?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just need to know how they actually compare to hot toys true types, and are they ok to buy? It seems lately that head play has been under scrutiny for some of their practices. Just want to make sure their bodies are on the up and up. thanks

I have one on the way. I'll post in here again when I receive it.

They're a'aight. I think you get a better value for your dollar with them than you do with HT (at around $20 shipped), though the joints are a bit looser than the HT versions, and the finish is a bit cheaper IMO. Hands aren't as nice. There is a thread about them somewhere with lots of impressions.

They are a copy of HT True Types, a cheaper copy, once clothed they are the same and I second everything Karamasov said.

Just to agree with the other comments here, the joints are a bit loose but definately worth getting hold for the price that they are.

Idk.

But my TT had a knee joint that was loose. One screw removed the thigh pied and tighten one screw. That's it. I'm sure the headplay body is the same considering they casted HT's

Yep, good body for the price.

As for QC issues, mine were pretty good when I got them. Whereas I've had HT bodies where the knees snap like kindling :lol So, overall a good buy :duff

Back