Shipping to Canada from SSC have u been charged Tax?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphatrion

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've read a number of posts where people have stated that they were able to avoid a $10 brokerage fee by opening a Fedex account but I was wondering if these shipments are ever charged tax and duty?

I have a US address and was just going to ship it there but could still pay at the border when I bring it back.

Yeah you'll still pay tax I wa told. I was told it will help with duty. I opened one and linked it to my ssc account but like you am new and not had an orders ship yet. When I know more I'll let you know.

You save the brokerage fee, but you still pay all taxes. I've been doing it for years and have it all linked to my cc. I find I get billed the taxes by fed ex about a week after delivery. It's nice when our dollar is higher, then you actully pay less than the value of the item and have less tax to pay on it, my gandalf pf was about 5% cheaper because our dollar was up when it shipped.

I live in Toronto. I ship all my SSC stuff to Buffallo and cross the border to pick it up. I pay the taxes (can't avoid those) but at least I save on the brokerage fees, duties and shipping is cheaper. The drive is worth it because I only go there when I have to pick up a few packages. The only reason I do this is because the brokerage fees are simply ridiculous! I refuse to give my money to damn scam!

I only discovered the Fedex account after the delivery driver mentioned it .... 3 or 4th statue in only a few months. Its only a few bucks but its better off in my pocket and it makes it easier of him not having to fool with cash.

As for the taxes I'd love to avoid those but its a fact of life especially with something as big as a sideshow piece via a courier who fills out all the paper work. I have gotten smaller packages via standard post (model kits) from Asia that have gotten by the customs staff with no duty. But its random.

Of course there are other ways to avoid the tax but if you got caught ..... personally not worth the risk.

I have most of my stuff shipped to a friend in Buffalo. he brings them up to me or I get them when I visit.

Boromir cost me about $62 for duties and taxes plus the SS shipping of approx $30. Just shy of $100 ..... its a pain but a hell of a lot better then getting raped by UPS.

my medusa i payed 102 $ in taxes but that was 600$ statue,

Value of the statue times 15% + 10$ brokarage fee from fed ex and you should have around what you have to pay

Yeah you'll still pay tax I wa told. I was told it will help with duty. I opened one (Fed Ex account) and linked it to my ssc account but like you am new and not had an orders ship yet. When I know more I'll let you know.

First of all, my apologies for resurrecting a dead thread. I felt it was the lesser of two evils between this and starting a new, redundant thread.

I just wanted to inquire about linking my SSC account to my FedEx account. Is there a process I need to go through to do this, or do I just use the same credit card for both accounts and that's all I need to do? Lemme know and thanks!

Back