Detolf assembly... Dioders later on?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotalDominAsian

Super Freak
Reaction score
Love the look of the detolfs combined with the Dioder strips. Problem is I don't live near an IKEA. I have a set budget in mind, but I'm thinking about loading up on detolfs during a long road trip. I'm planning on then assembling them at home while trying to do the weather stripping trick to seal out dust. I've noticed you can buy Dioder sets online, and I'm thinking I can just order several of them in batches online later. My question is... Is it still easy to install them and hide the wiring after complete detolf assembly and positioning? I plan on lining the detolfs up against a wall, and I imagine having to move them around will be incredibly frustrating. Thoughts?

I just bought a Detolf and Dioder lights. I fully built the Detolf, then put the lights in afterwards. So yes, what you want to do is fine. You don't need to move the detolf away from the wall to install Dioders.

I just bought a Detolf and Dioder lights. I fully built the Detolf, then put the lights in afterwards. So yes, what you want to do is fine. You don't need to move the detolf away from the wall to install Dioders.

I can't disagree with that. You need to secure your Detolfs so it keeps from wobbling around.

Back