Need advice: PROBLEM WITH ALICE BODY! dirty!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAZAFANTASMA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought this Alice body on ebay from a seller from Singapour, he said that the body had some "Dust" due to the black shirt of the alice clothes, and in the auction's picture, it didn't have any, I got it today and as you can see on the pics, it's all covered with nasty black stains, it looks like black carbon paper stains.... DId anybody else have this problem before? Should I just use dish washer soap and a sponge to take it out? Or maybe acetone?? I really don't know what to do, I contacted the seller and he wants me to send it back, and I know that canada post will charge me like $30 bucks for shipping... or more, I payed $60 including the hands.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.
THanks!

:peace

Hey guys, question for the experienced painters, I want to change the color of the alice resident evil hair, with acrylic paint, should I prime the hair first and then apply the color? Or I can apply directly the color? The hair seems to be made of some kind of soft rubber....

Thanks!

Also....
Hehehe, this tittle reminds me of my high school years! :pfft: hahaha

Anyways, I'm doing a custom Milla Jovovich figure, I bought the Alice head (wich is awesome btw) but when I put it in one of those cheap girl bodies, it did not fit and the color looks off! So i was wondering if i should go ahead and order one Alice body to save myself the hassle or if this body is compatible with the Alice head...

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_Phicen_Limited_Female_No_Head_No_Hands_p/pcl0029-t613.htm

Thanks! for your advice! :) :hi5:

Last edited:
Re: Need advice on female bodies

Man I wished you posted this like an hour before, I ended up buying the hot toys alice body just to save the hassle, its was expensiveeeeeeeeeee! :(

Go with Triad Toys' small bust, caucasian Alpha body. :wink1:

Yes, this body is actually pretty good. Especially after you hit it with some Testors Dullcote to take away the shiney. The skin color isn't as realistic as Hot Toys ladies, though.

Yes, this body is actually pretty good. Especially after you hit it with some Testors Dullcote to take away the shiney. The skin color isn't as realistic as Hot Toys ladies, though.

I own HT's Alice and her TT doesn't have any real "skin color." Just a single-tone base body. She's not like the male muscle bodies, which have painted skin variations and veins, so not sure what you mean. :huh

Do you guys think the Triad bodies would work with the sculpts from Wanted Action Figures? I ordered several of them only to find that the hair on the sculpts prevents many of the heads from fitting onto any necks, or if it does, makes the neck really long.

I'm looking for any solution that doesn't involve me recasting them all and then trying to tweak them.

I own HT's Alice and her TT doesn't have any real "skin color." Just a single-tone base body. She's not like the male muscle bodies, which have painted skin variations and veins, so not sure what you mean. :huh

Just meant that I prefer the color of Alice/Babydoll to Triad Alpha. Triads are a little too pinkish.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hehehe, this tittle reminds me of my high school years! :pfft: hahaha

Anyways, I'm doing a custom Milla Jovovich figure, I bought the Alice head (wich is awesome btw) but when I put it in one of those cheap girl bodies, it did not fit and the color looks off! So i was wondering if i should go ahead and order one Alice body to save myself the hassle or if this body is compatible with the Alice head...

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_Phicen_Limited_Female_No_Head_No_Hands_p/pcl0029-t613.htm

Thanks! for your advice! :) :hi5:

Ay yay yay! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Do you guys think the Triad bodies would work with the sculpts from Wanted Action Figures? I ordered several of them only to find that the hair on the sculpts prevents many of the heads from fitting onto any necks, or if it does, makes the neck really long.

I'm looking for any solution that doesn't involve me recasting them all and then trying to tweak them.

Not entirely sure. Given those are complete custom heads, there's likely gonna have to be some work done. I can tell you that the Triad bodies work great with heads from Dragon, Sideshow, Hot Toys and Brothers Productions. So if the Wanted heads are done in a similar manner, so long as the sculpted hair doesn't interfere, you shouldn't need to do much of anything.

THANKS for all your help and information, another question, I want to paint the "Alice" head hair , should I prime it or just paint with acrylics directly over her hair? I want to make it orange... ;)

Re: Need advice: To Paint Alice hair/ on female bodies

The original dark brown may be hard to cover if you're applying a lighter color directly. A layer of light grey or white primer may solve that problem.

Re: Need advice: To Paint Alice hair/ on female bodies

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all your suggestions, I will show my results soon, I really like how its coming along! :)

SO the body came today, but I run with some other issues updated in the first post. THe body is all dirty with nasty stains all around her body! :( Any advise on what to do?

THanks!

Here is a pic of how it looks like. Anybody had the same issue? I tried to clean it with my finger but it looks to be really stuck to the rubber on the torso... I wonder if maybe acetone might do it, or just plain soap... please help.

Here is a pic of how it looks like. Anybody had the same issue? I tried to clean it with my finger but it looks to be really stuck to the rubber on the torso... I wonder if maybe acetone might do it, or just plain soap... please help.

I had the same issue with that body when I bought it loose. I put dark clothing on mine so the discolorization wasn't an issue. I think acetone might be too harsh. Maybe a mild alcohol would work, but I am sure some of the more experienced customizers might have better ideas.

Acetone will not remove those stains unfortuantely. It tried that on an Alice body of my own. Prolonged contact with acetone will just damage the body.

Those bodies absorb stains readily. i had some pencil lines on a piece of fabric and the rubber picked them up after brief contact (and nothing would remove them).

The only way to deal with this would be to paint the body. I have had partial success with artists oil paints (linseed oil base). It is the only paint that will not crack upon drying (which is the biggest challenge), but there are some issues with colour consistency that are hard to explain. I am actually going to try to airbrush the paint onto the bodies in the future.

Edit: I also tried citrus solvent and alcohol to no avail. The rubber just absorbs the stains, almost like a tattoo.

Back