Do you think SS will do a movie version PF of the Joker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearmodel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Hot Toys released 1986 Joker and now their latest Joker 2.0....They are amazing pieces but I don't want to start collecting 1/6 scale figures because I collect mainly PFs and 1/4 scale maquettes....Then Enterbay announces their 1/4 scale version of the Joker....Also an amazing looking piece but I have very limited funds and I rather spend my precious dollars on a 1/4 scale Heath Ledger Joker or a Jack Nicholson Premium Format. The question is....do you guys think that Sideshow has any intention of coming up with their version of the HL Joker or JN Joker in the near future????

Bear

I don't see why not but with DC just starting up with sideshow, it prob won't be for a couple years. DC is just taking forever right now so things are just releasing way too slow. It's good and bad because they prob won't approve something they aren't happy with but it also means designs take far too long to get approved and get made into a mass produce-able statue. Way frustrating but its better than not having it at all. Batman PF come on already!!!

Seems like the DC announcement with Sideshow specifically mentioned that they would do movie and comic styled collectibles. I expect we will get a 1/4 scale Ledger Joker, anyway, though I wonder how popular it will be considering folks will have other options with Enterbay, and possibly Hot Toys down the road. SSC's paint apps can't touch those other guys, and you won't see the joints considering the outfit, so, for me, the EB figure is preferable.

Would love to see Grove or Bergholtz do Ledger, though.

I reckon they will - they aren't just gonna do one version of these characters IMO. There would be a market for 1 or 2 versions of each I would have thought. We've got classic/regular Cap, Movie Cap and Bucky Cap for example - I reckon we'll see classic Bats(already on the way), Keaton Bats and Nolan Bats at the very least.

Maybe, but i hope they stick on only comic style pf on the dc line, but again doubt it cause of the $$$ they'll be missing out on the movie part of it. Black widow was made a pf on movie version so why not nicholson, ledger, and 60's tv series joker. But i only hope ss will stick with comic style pf. Cause those are the only ones i will be getting and collecting since i can't collect them all. Must choose only one.

Heath.

Meh.

God, imagine the Hot Toys Nolanites then!? They'll think they've discovered some new collectible format :rotfl "omergehrd u guise!!! They make Collectibles bigger than 1/6!!!!"

Back