Question on Acrylic Paints for cover ups

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SepticFlesh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well...recently I posted a picture of my Sideshow PF "the Templar's Verdict" on the Horror Statue Forum on the "Gallery of Horror" page. I bought this piece second hand and was told about the chip on the nose before I purchased it...for one heck of a deal might I add. :cool:
Anyway I had no issues with it at all and had completely forgotten about the chip until after several members pointed it out to me from one of my pictures. Now I cannot look at this Sculpt without immediately noticing it...it is very minor but I was told to use some acrylic paint to paint over the chipped part (I believe this is considered a Polystone Sculpt whatever that is) so that it does not stand out as much.
Here is my question...based on this photo which brand of acrylics should Ingo with and more importantly which colors? I would imagine a blend of brown and black but I am not an artist and do not want to screw up the small chipped part of the nose any more than it currently is.
Here is the picture showing the small chip on the nose mainly the worst one is on the top part...the bottom has a tiny chip as well:

0e46b4c1.jpg

Here is a super close up I just took and wow does it show in this picture...again if I had this painted over I would have zero issues with this just like I did before until it was pointed out to me, lol, thanks for that. ;)
997bfc58.jpg

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Last edited:
Back