Open shelves disadvantages

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemooo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a growing collection of HT & SSC placed in to my small 4mX4m home theater.
The problem is that the place already packed and no place for detolfs or bestas so I have to place them on open shelves.
I'm concerned about the dust, I brush the collectables once a month but is having them openly displayed will affect the clothing or their "bling" in the long run?

Im not familiar with them, do u have a link or brand name?

Im not familiar with them, do u have a link or brand name?

:goodpost:

If you don't want to read through the 30 pages of dialogue I'll sum it up:

Highly customizable to what you want, with some very nice "cool" factors.

He works with you and has options to help with S&H depending on location.

Buyers seem very satisfied with his work.

A pic says 1,000 words, literally:
picture.php

thanks guys it really looks awesome, unfortunately I live far from the US which makes the shipping and tax cost not worth it.
back to my concern, is displaying HT figures and statues in the open can affect them in the long term? specifically the clothing and the paint app.

They get dusty and maybe you shouldn't let the dust sit on them for too long but I don't think theres any big problems with open shelves. Its just a pain in the arse to dust them more than anything else. I use a sticky roller on my clothed figures and a dust cloth on plastic sculpted figures and vehicles - doesn't seem to do any harm :dunno

Ideally there'd be no smoking around them. Anything thats subjected to intense cigarette smoke exposure will develop a smell and possible discolouration.

As with any type of shelves I'd also make sure they're not in direct sunlight.

I ordered one of those camera lens cleaning bulbs that you squeeze to dust my figures off. Ideally you want your heavily clothes figures like DX08 Nicholson Joker, DX06 Jack Sparrow, and Blitzway Scarface behind glass not collecting dust. Same applies for harder to clean figures like Jake Sully and Babydoll with their delicate feathers or rooted hair getting messed up. Stuff like Sideshow Greedo, Jabba the Hutt, clones, ironman, and predators will be just fine on an open shelf with periodic cleaning from a camera lens tool like I mentioned. I do recommend placing figures posed in extreme action poses behind in glass so they merely tip over instead of come crashing down if you live in an earthquake area.

If they are dark color outfit figures, it should be fine. So Long there's no direct sunlight, and stable room temperature. However if it's white or any light colored outfit figures, it'd be best to keep them in a closed glass display.

Back