Where to buy Hot Toys in Florida / NY or Vegas?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j14

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick question.

I will be in the US for 16 days this year on Vacation in September.

3 days NY, 3 days Vegas and 10 days Orlando. I was thinking of picking up Hot Toys Bespin Luke while I'm there and was wondering where would be the best place to pick it up?

I've heard there are not many (if any) Hot Toys stockists in Florida and I'll be staying on International Drive.

In NY I'll be staying close enough to Broadway and in Vegas I'll be at Planet Hollywood.

Can any one tell me where would be my best chance of picking up this figure in a bricks and mortar store?

Thanks,

Jay.

P.S. Mods sorry if this is in the wrong section.

If you can find a Hastings store they keep a limited number of Hot Toys and Sideshow figures in stock. That is the only place I know of without going to a specialty comic shop. Since you are going to be in the Orlando area try Acme Comics and Collectables off of 434 and 17/92 (about 20 to 30 minutes from I Drive). I know they carry Sideshow but not sure about HT. They have a lot of stuff though.

Hi all,

Just a quick question.

3 days NY, 3 days Vegas and 10 days Orlando. I was thinking of picking up Hot Toys Bespin Luke while I'm there and was wondering where would be the best place to pick it up?

I've heard there are not many (if any) Hot Toys stockists in Florida and I'll be staying on International Drive.

In NY I'll be staying close enough to Broadway and in Vegas I'll be at Planet Hollywood.

Can any one tell me where would be my best chance of picking up this figure in a bricks and mortar store?

Thanks,

Jay.

Can't help you with ht in NY..but if you need bath salts or a hand job with your hot dog, hit me up...:hi5:

Not that I would be providing said HJ...I know a lady...

I live in Vegas and sadly I don't know of any place to get Hot Toys items, also there isn't many places here to buy any type of collectibles, most comic book stores here sell Bowen and some Sideshow...I get my HT through the internet.

@jmw326

Thanks for the advice re Florida. For some reason I thought I would have no trouble picking up Luke on my trip. Seems like it will be harder than I thought.

@vastith

Nice offer, but I'm good for bath salts thanks!

Radox.jpg

I always knew us Gunners stick together! COYG!!!!

Although out of all the cities I thought NY was my best bet.

@Firefly2121

I didn't really hold out much hope for Vegas but I guess it wont hurt to look at the Sideshow stuff when I get there!

Thanks for the replies, if anyboby else can chime in thats all good with me.

do you have family here in the states or anyone that is going to come to wherever you are staying?
if so you could order & have it shipped to them & just have them bring it to you. if not disregard this post totally..............:)

do you have family here in the states or anyone that is going to come to wherever you are staying?
if so you could order & have it shipped to them & just have them bring it to you. if not disregard this post totally..............:)

Nope, no friends or family in the US unfortunately. Looks like I will just have to bite the bullet and order it from a European seller.

Thanks for the reply though.

Jay.

Do we even know that Bespin Luke will be out for sure in September? My final flex was pushed out to October 5th, so assumed that was earliest it would ship.

In NY be sure to drop by Forbidden Planet in Union Square. They typically have most of the current Hot Toys figures in stock for reasonable prices. I always am sure to drop by whenever I am in the city.

Hi all,

Just a quick question.

Thanks,

Jay.

Universal Studios baby! Give ya an excuse to go ride the Hulk!

J14, I'm a little confused. Is the only HT figure you're interested in Bespin Luke? Sideshow's site is still showing that it'll be available in October (and we don't even know that for sure), so don't get why you're hoping to pick it up in September?

J14, I'm a little confused. Is the only HT figure you're interested in Bespin Luke? Sideshow's site is still showing that it'll be available in October (and we don't even know that for sure), so don't get why you're hoping to pick it up in September?

Awh crap!!!!!

Yup it was only HT Luke I was interested in but I thought it was due to be released in July?

That's what my usual 1/6th store guy told me, he said released in July and he would have it in stock in September.

If its not released until October then I will have to get it here in Ireland.

Sorry for my stoopid mistake.

Jay.

No worries, Jay, just didn't want you to be scrambling around to find it if it hadn't made its way to retail, yet. I think the original release date was May, then it got pushed back to July and then to October. Hopefully there'll be no further delays. Really looking forward to this figure, too.

I live in New York and we got Forbidden Planet, Jim Henley's and a few Midtown Comics chain stores in manhattan and yet I still get all my stuff online. After the taxes that they charge you in the stores, it comes out to be about the same as paying for shipping from an online retailer. I say it's nice to visit these stores just to window shop but, skip the purchasing and carrying around.

Forgot you're visiting from Dublin. Well if you download Yelp of Foursquare onto your smart phone, just search for the names I listed above. Oh you can also visit Toy Tokyo. It's relatively close to Forbidden Planet which is by 13st and Broadway. Jim Henley's is on 33st and Park I believe. I don't remember where the midtown comics stores locations are but I'm sure you can find it on their website. There's also another place between forbidden planet and toy Tokyo called St.Marks Comics but ya pretty trashy in there so you can take a quick look and gtfo lol.

NYC

1. Midtown Comics (only new stuff) :panic:
2. forbidden planet ( usually 10% ~ 30% more than retail) :horror
3. Toy Tokyo ( has quite a few collection, but not those popular ones) :cuckoo:

NYC

1. Midtown Comics (only new stuff) :panic:
2. forbidden planet ( usually 10% ~ 30% more than retail) :horror
3. Toy Tokyo ( has quite a few collection, but not those popular ones) :cuckoo:

only a year late with the information but by god i'm giving you an A for effort...............:hi5:

OP here...thanks for all the replies. I am home in Ireland nearly a year but I did have a great time in the US. I did find midtown comics in NY but that was it. They had the SS Fett and the Bith band two pack in stock but it was cool to just browse. Looking forward to getting back to NY again some day.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Back