Ideas for a cedar closet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPrime

Super Freak
Reaction score
So we have moved into the new place and I'm going to use this as a display area for my GI Joes (mostly 3 3/4"). Any ideas? I'm mainly concerned with covering up the plywood with some kind of veneer or paper, but hopefully not permanently...

79340cc6.jpg

I'd cover the plywood with some faux exposed brick panels like this:

efa39d1189a085853e1f4be8c115e757_8340.jpg

With maybe some custom cut glass shelves.

Hmm, not sure I love the brick look for whatI have in mind. I'm mainly concerned with how I'm going to cover it up, as in the method, not the look. I'm pretty sure I'll be going with a black backdrop...

Why don't you want to cover it permanently? Is it a rental?

No, but because I'm in the military, at some point I'll probably be posted out. Just wanted to retain the possibility of a cedar closet for resale if possible. I was even thinking of using some kind of high quality paper and double sided tape maybe... But I don't want it to look cheap either.

I would head to Home Depot or whatever home center is close to you and take a look at the paneling.
You don't have to glue it up, just use colored trim nails.

The brick is cool, but they do have other options you may like better.

No problem, but I am Canadian, for the record. Still went to Afghanistan and all that, though, and worked with many Americans. :)

Hopefully I can fit a trip to Home Depot today and see what they have. Things are still quite busy with the move and I get in trouble if I spend too much time with the collection stuff. :)

Is your Terrordrome complete?

Think thats my next 3.75 acquisition. Never got it when I was younger, but I've always wanted one.

No problem, but I am Canadian, for the record. Still went to Afghanistan and all that, though, and worked with many Americans. :)

Hopefully I can fit a trip to Home Depot today and see what they have. Things are still quite busy with the move and I get in trouble if I spend too much time with the collection stuff. :)

:doh Sorry about that, DPrime.

I'm sure Canada thanks you, and thank you for keeping our guys safe as well!

Back