Need help creating street-dio.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesperbernhardsson

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey!
I'm about to start working on my dio for my Hot Toys tumbler arriving in September.
What I want to create is a street-dio, with a road and a curb. I've planned to use roofing felt to create the road and then regular white paint for the stripes in the road, but I need some help or tips on making the curb. Is there anybody out there who knows a good way to go that you would like to share :)?
It would be most appreciated :)! Thanks alot in advance!!

// jesperbernhardsson

Goto the tile section in home depot. They have many different size tiles they do have ones that look like curb

Only problem is I don't have home depot in Sweden... Can't really think of anything simular either since I don't really know what it is I'm the first place :p

Thanks though :)!

Last edited:
The most obvious way would be to use hardboard and then texture it with some kind of household filler . You're obviously not too concerned about weight , so maybe you could even cast them in plaster or some similar material .:dunno

Yeah. Its really pretty great. Its part of the polyurethane family so it doesn't melt like polystyrene foam from things like spray paint, thinners or heat. It carves easily with about anything. Here is a base I made for my Hellboy.

2012-06-23_14-07-11_479.jpg

Thanks for all the tips!

Iv started to think about making small blocks in concrete and build a miniature sidewalk with curbs. But I'll look around a little more :)!

Thanks again!

Back